• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a makeshift gauge - north

North feels an affinity with the stranger. Loneliness does that, makes you grasp for whatever connection you can find.

(Are you wild like me?)

But although she is lonely she is proud, and when he looks at her that second time, almost hungry, she draws her head up and stares back. It does not matter that he towers over her small frame, the little mare has a fierce look in her eyes no matter who she's looking at.

She thinks she knows hunger. She does not know hunger.

Not like he does.

The storm nearby and the look in his eyes have her feeling jittery. She wants to run, not from him but with him, until they're soaked in rain and sweat, until they reach the sea. She wants to do something stupid, and he looks like he could help with that.

(She can be the cutting edge of the knife, when she wants.)

"I'm the opposite actually. Of new." We don't use the word old here. Her smile is a brief moon-sliver. "Will you take me there?" It doesn't much matter if he says no-- she'll follow him anyway, because she's lost and hasn't a clue what else to do.

N O R T H

<3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge - north - by North - 10-26-2018, 06:45 PM