• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  diabolical, delicious things;
    “FUCK!”

Defy jumped with a startled huff, eyes going wide. Ohhh that was a good scare sound, got his heart racing and his whole body paying attention and trying to decide if he had to run away hide behind Mom, he’d have to remember that one. “Fuck!” the bone man helpfully said again, and Defy recognized the quiet panic in his dark eyes that hid behind the big scary rawr sounds he was making. He’d felt an awful lot of that himself too, so instead of scaring him it kinda made him feel like...like yeah, no, I get that, man. Life’s some scary shit, huh?

Yep, and then the bone man started tearing up, his eyes getting all watery just like Defy’s had earlier. And then yeah no like full on crying, Defy totally got that. He took a teeny little step closer, reaching out his nose to make careful, gentle contact with a soft little whuffing sound like Mom made, just a reassuring little breath of hey, I got you that she managed even though words were hard.

He was pretty sure the words spilling out of the bone man’s mouth were only like halfway important? Like panic sounds, words all jumbling together getting trippy and tangled as he freaked out out loud. Defy just nuzzled him gently, his muzzle brushing against his skin where he could reach it between bony bits.

Oh and then he rambled something super interesting about not wanting kids, and Defy perked up and tilted his head a little, peeking down at himself again and then back at his stars splashed on the bone man’s legs, and right there on his face too. He narrowed his eyes and frowned a little, puzzling it through, and glanced over his shoulder at Mom then back up at the bone man again.

Bone man was still crying, but he sniffed, like Defy did when he was tryin’ to pull himself together. “So fuckin’ gorgeous,” he murmured and tugged him closer to admire his wings. Well, like sorta tantrum-admire? Like he was kinda somewhere between proud and offended? Which was weird, but to be fair, Defy was pretty sure his wings were awesome, so. Maybe it was fair to be like a little jealous of how fuckin’ gorgeous he was. He grinned up at bone man and leaned into him, and snorted another surprised little huff as they sorta collapsed to the ground in a heap.

He snorted again, more amused this time, and curled himself up against bone man’s chest to snuggle up, fitting himself between the plates of bone and taking advantage of the cuddle to lip at one of the plates and indulge his curiosit--hey! Come back here! He huffed and narrowed his eyes at bone man as bone man fussed over him, but okay actually that was kinda nice, or at least it would be if it were a little less frantic, more like, calm and cozy licking grooming thing?

Welp. Bone man scrambled up and shied back a bit, and Defy guessed it was probably ‘cause he was pretty scary, good at chasing things away and like, faking like he was big and mean and shit? So that was fair. He scrambled to his feet too and wiggled his little tail and his little wings and really his whole little body, trying to settle into himself and keep up with bone man’s whirlwind of talking and freaking out and crying and stuff. Bone man tried to nudge him away and shove him toward Mom, but Mom needed a minute and Defy wasn’t anywhere near done with him anyhow.

He wobbled and stumbled a couple of steps in Mom’s direction ‘cause he didn’t have a whole lot of choice other than to fall on his face, and then turned back with a stomp and a huff. Okay. How to not be scary? He turned his grumpy furrowed-brow frown into a smile and reached out slowly to touch the softest bit at the very end of his muzzle to bone man’s, breathing in and out nice and slow to like, remind him how. In, and out. “It’s okay,” he said softly, taking a couple of easy, cautious steps closer. “I know I’m real good at lookin’ big an’ scary. But you helped Momma. So you don’t gotta be afraid of me. I’m not gonna hurt you.”

He snuggled up against bone man’s chest and rubbed his cheek against a nice skritchy edge of his armor, angling his head to hit an itchy spot with an appreciative little huff. Then he lipped at the bony plate again, exploring it. “That’s a real good scare sound you made. I’m gonna have to borrow it, it’s better than just shouting. Fuck!” he tried it out, sounding way too cheerfully delighted by the word to manage scary yet, but that’s what practice would be for, huh?

“But you don’t gotta try and scare me though. Maybe...maybe we could even be friends? We got the same stars, that’s pretty cool, huh? Even right here.” He reached up and nudged the spot at the corner of bone man’s mouth where they both had stars. “Momma likes that bit right there on me. She gave me a kiss there even, which was a really nice kind of icky, the kind that makes your insides all warm and melty and makes you kinda maybe not mind the ick, you know?

“You got a name, or...? Momma calls me Defy,” he added, puffing up his chest and preening a little, ‘cause it was an awesome name. Mom was pretty much the best at naming. He snuck a worried little glance her way. “She really gonna be okay?” he asked, his voice small, his ears flicking back uncertainly as he pressed harder against bone man’s chest. “I tried real hard to keep her safe like she kept me, but I couldn’t fix her.”

Messages In This Thread
    diabolical, delicious things; - by Disastardly - 10-08-2018, 10:48 AM
    RE: diabolical, delicious things; - by Defy - 10-09-2018, 08:09 PM
    RE: diabolical, delicious things; - by Dovev - 10-13-2018, 05:13 PM
    RE: diabolical, delicious things; - by Defy - 10-14-2018, 12:37 AM
    RE: diabolical, delicious things; - by Dovev - 10-28-2018, 05:56 PM
    RE: diabolical, delicious things; - by leliana - 10-28-2018, 06:32 PM
    RE: diabolical, delicious things; - by Defy - 10-29-2018, 10:56 AM
    RE: diabolical, delicious things; - by Dovev - 10-30-2018, 07:49 PM
    RE: diabolical, delicious things; - by Defy - 10-31-2018, 02:05 AM