• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Come to your river (( Hod )) (private)
    Who could blame her for wanting to keep him up until all hours of the morning? Just watching the shape of his mouth express a days worth of information was enough to set her off. He had the kind of lips women could get jealous of, and when they smiled or quirked to one side Nyxa felt physically weak. “Especially when they taste my skin.” She humored herself, silent with a mouth full of food.

Swallowing back her thoughts with a sip of wine, Nyxa grinned hazily. She’d almost forgotten about the other woman in her husband's life - Stella - and the mention of her and her family pod brings to light the fact that next month, Hod would be absent from the house as well. The spaghetti felt like a lump in Nyxa’s throat. She wasn’t sure if she was prepared for such an empty nest.

“Fairly normal for a Friday.” His wife replied, a hint of exasperated mirth in her tone. “Honestly they can run the aquarium without me. I was only needed for a show of good faith, since some heavyweight investors came by for a tour today.” She rolled her eyes, rising from her seat to gather up the now empty plates. It had been nearly ten years since the aquarium had opened up with Nyxa as its head and had (much to the surprise of larger competitors) grown exponentially even without gaudy attractions like dolphins, Orcas, sharks or whales.

Children and visitors wanted immersion, not a halftime show, and Nyxa delivered that while maintaining an insistence that wildlife be kept that way. Wild. “Besides the point! Seems like we both had a pretty good day.” She called from the kitchen, dumping the plates into the sink before taking a moment to steady herself.

Showtime.

Her two free hands slid around to the back of her dress, deftly untying a simple bow knot that held the number together. In a smooth brush of fabric, the cocktail getup fell onto the tile at her feet, leaving Nyxa bare but for a slender water suit and heels. Anxious as she was, a wicked smile bloomed over her usually subtle mouth and silently the green-haired beauty pulled off her shoes to tiptoe back into the dining room.

“Hod. There’s something I want to talk about.” She murmured, blowing out one and then the other candle. “But I think that showing you would be the best way.” His childhood love whispered shyly. In the dark, her warm hand found his and gave it a squeeze. Easily she moved into his space, bracing herself against his shoulders and chest to lean down into another windswept kiss. He tasted like salt, and reminded her of everything she’d ever dreamed could be true.

“Will you come with me? For a swim?” His wife pleaded softly, not specifying where. It was true they had a backyard pool, a lovely one, but better yet the beach was just a simple walk down the shoreline from their home. Neither she nor Hod could have imagined living far away from it. Hesitantly Nyxa waited, curious to see which he’d pick and whether or not he’d be favorable to her … idea.

@[Hod]

Messages In This Thread
    Come to your river (( Hod )) (private) - by Nyxa - 10-07-2018, 01:46 PM
    RE: Come to your river (( Hod )) (private) - by Nyxa - 10-15-2018, 10:21 AM