• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising - diplomats
    magnus

howling ghosts, they reappear
    in mountains that are stacked with fear

Magnus’ head tilts as the lavender filly makes her way toward the duo.

She is young but appears kind and he gives her a reassuring smile, encouraged that there were others within the kingdom that felt that tug on their heart to greet strangers. Tephra was quiet, but she wasn’t desolate—she wasn’t barren. She had heart within the families that sought to call her home, and it was a heart that he would spend his dying breath to protect. It was something he would always be willing to do.

He nods toward Karat, shifting his attention back to the winged mare on the border.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Lepis.” He pauses, crooked grin tilting scarred lips. “And congratulations.” It always felt strange to congratulate someone on assuming so much responsibility, on taking on the mantle of so much weight, but it felt like the proper thing to say and thus he gladly handed the pleasantries over to her. He tips his ears forward at the rest of her message, nodding as she talked.

“We appreciate you coming to share the news,” he starts. “I’d love to learn more about you and Sylva, especially your vision for the kingdom.” A soft laugh. “Things before the Reckoning were so much easier to discern. Kingdoms had so much history, so much living personalities. It was easier to guess what they would be like after the passing of crowns.” A shrug. “Not that we weren’t surprised from time to time.”

He glances toward the young mare by them. “We’ve also experienced a shift in power recently.” He strives to keep some of the skepticism from his voice, delivering the news neutrally. It was difficult to know exactly how he felt about it still, his stomach churning at the thought of the challenge and the sight of the sick king on the border, but this was not the time or place to delve into his concerns.

“Kromium has recently stepped into the role of Overseer. Tephra remains a neutral land, a place for families and individuals alike to find haven.” Magnus worried such neutrality could be seen as weakness by some, but he also believed in the heart of it. Believed in the good of stepping away from politics and attempting to carve out a safe place within Beqanna. If only such good intentions were always honored.

“I’m sorry, I’ve been terribly rude.” He steps back, gesturing.

“Would you like to come further into the kingdom? There’s no need for us to perch on the border.”

but you're a king and I'm a lionheart

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - diplomats - by Lepis - 10-02-2018, 06:49 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - diplomats - by magnus - 10-04-2018, 08:45 PM