• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part Two: Electric Boogaloo
    <style>.zorlayout {width:450px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;background-color:#010101;} .zorgradient {width:450px; border:1px solid #000;padding:10px;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#0c122c, #10193c, #0c122c); background: -o-linear-gradient(#0c122c, #10193c, #0c122c); background: -moz-linear-gradient(#0c122c, #10193c, #0c122c); background: linear-gradient(#101010, #494949, #101010); box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000;} .zorpic {width:450px; height:600px; background-image:url('https://i.postimg.cc/44cSWy7V/zor.png');background-size:contain;margin-bottom:-25px;} .zorpost {padding:20px;text-align:justify;font:13px times;color:#969696;}</style><center><div class=zorgradient><div class=zorlayout><div class=zorpic></div><div class=zorpost>
    He's walking along, all clad in black, chin tucked toward his neck so that his face remains within the shadow of the hood of his cloak. Even as most would not be able to make out his face or identity, still his gaze seeks through the fog and trees ahead of him. His pace is even, hands remaining nestled in his pockets at his side, fingers idly toying at the contents within. So much runs through his mind. Things he really doesn't want to think about right now, things he was out here at this moment to avoid thinking about. <i>'This Jack character better come out soon. Shit is gonna get boring real quick.'</i> The girls thought this would be a fun distraction, but so far, he was just a dude walking around some gloomy forest in a getup that had raised his credit card balance by far. He'd just gotten it paid down too. Oh well.

No sooner had his surroundings grown eerily silent- enough for him to hear only his breathing and footsteps, and the godforsaken growling in his head- did things suddenly change. First, was that damned giggling this creature liked to do. Thought he was so funny, apparently. Okay, it is a little spooky, he supposes as he comes to a halt and scans through the shadows and fog for signs of movement. Or, at least it might have been if it weren't for the gasp and surprised yelp, followed by scrambled cursing. A smirk tugs Zoryn's lips up on the left side, even as he shakes his head and continues looking around.

He doesn't speak to the spirit, thing or whatever, deciding it really would take more fun out of it for the both of them. But suddenly, from above, tiny objects come raining down and hit him on his head and shoulders. What the.. Ducking his head and raising his arms to shield himself, the man moves closer to a nearby tree for maybe some shelter so that he could observe just a little better. Candy corns? Yes, candy corns were raining from the sky. Oh, and an assortment of chocolates and individually wrapped chewy tarts. He can't help it, he laughs. Small, at first, and then true belly laughter. Trick or treat, indeed. Zyn and Zoe would love this. Shaking his head once more as the candy-rain stops as quickly as it had started, he reaches down and collects the sugary morsels. Maybe this creature would like them back, or maybe he would take it home to the twins. Who knows. He stashes them away in his pockets, and figures it doesn't hurt to try a few, too (or a lot). I mean, why not? Finders, keepers and all.

He begins to walk again, popping something like a Starburst into his mouth, chewing and enjoying the burst of flavor. Until he hears the skittering of feet running over twigs and leaves in the near-distance behind him. His smile fades, and he turns to look- nothing. Skittering again to his left, and he turns quicker- nothing. An even quicker spin around again, and he can  swear he makes out a figure darting between the trees, though he can't make out the shape of it. Whatever it is, there are more than one. From different areas, their snickers and taunts reach his ears. The beast in his mind growls low and tenses, although outwardly Zoryn simply remains on the alert. However, they seem to get to their places and remain in hiding. A trap perhaps, or some other form of trick. He isn't sure, but he cautiously begins to walk again, grabbing another candy and setting it on his tongue.

A few moments of silence pass before he begins to feel funny. His skin starts to tingle, his pulse begins to race. Around him, he notices little pumpkins sprouting up, each with a different form of expression carved into it. Some glare, some grin, and all seem to look on and mock him. Muscles tremble, and bones ache. What the hell kind of magic is this? Alright, maybe he shouldn't have eaten the free-falling candy. Bad idea, but too late to take it back. Confused as to what is happening to him, he freezes in place and looks at his hands as the tingling and aching intensify. His gloves tighten on his hands and he acts to remove them- but they won't come off. Eyes suddenly stinging, he clenches them shut and falls to his knees as the whole of his skin begins to itch and burn beneath his cloak. His ears- oh holy hell- he clutches at the cat ears he'd attached there, although they too will not come off. Instead seem to melt into his skin, becoming a part of him. In his mouth, the contraption fixed there seemingly disintegrates, and he hisses in pain as his gums feel on fire. His jaw adjusts itself. His face, under all his makeup, twitches and <i>moves</i>.

Remaining on the forest floor, in shock and his body shaking, he doesn't know how much time passes before it all stops.. Before it all ends. Slowly, he attempts to inventory himself and his body. Nothing is damaged, but he's certainly.. Changed. He's not altogether positive it's bad, either. Looking down at what were his hands only moments ago, it seems as though he's <i>become</i> his costume, or perhaps vice versa. Either way, his confusion eases into wicked amusement and gives way to a darker form of mischief. Oh, this is going to be fun indeed. Rising back to his feet, and steadying himself, his gaze scans the area once more.

The voice of Jack rings out again, albeit notably more nervous in tone than previous occasions. Zor can't stop his grin, wondering if the creature knew just what it had unleashed- or what it was doing. Clenching and unclenching his fists at his sides, he then is forced to think of a way to lure this dude out. Hm.. First, he must find a good spot, and suddenly it seems he can see better than before. Perfect. Still protected from view beneath the black cloak he wears, he roams the forest and gathers a few things until he finds it. A small clearing with an old split tree, broken and laying dead on the ground. Its stump provided the perfect table, and a wonderfully spooky setting. Approaching the spot, he places one pumpkin in the center, with the traditional jagged-grin-face carved into it facing outward. From his pockets, he collects all the candy from before (and the pieces from home) and carefully places them around it. Adding to that, some leaves and needles from the trees along with it, for effect. As well as the pumpkins and candy that had manifested, some bright orange and black banners had also appeared, and he'd spotted a lantern or two. Zoryn takes the liberty of plucking those and places one lantern behind his chosen pumpkin, and the banners draping around the trunk of the tree. Standing back and sinking into the shadows of the forest, he looks over his handiwork and smirks.

<b>"Come now, Jack, and visit the shrine I've made for you. In your honor."</b> His voice is gravelly from disuse, and perhaps a bit deeper in tone than was normal for him, but he doubts the spirit will notice much. <b>"Accept my offering to you, to show my appreciation for tonight and what you are."</b> And, what he hopes, the spirit doesn't realize he's made <i>him</i> as well. Not yet. Come out, come out and play.
    </div></div></div>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part Two: Electric Boogaloo - by Zoryn - 10-06-2018, 11:45 PM