• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

like sunlight burning at midnight; any
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

Even as cancer lays claim to the cells and fibers that make up his worldly self, good Warrick extends his empathy to my own misfortunes, the weight of his gaze like a soothing balm upon the inflamed and grotesque wound that mars my features. I want to scold him for even thinking of anyone besides himself at a time like this; but I can barely breathe never mind speak as he reaches out to raise my head, murmuring that I've already done enough.

More than enough.
    A tear rolls down my cheek, and I hope that he does not see.

But Solace speaks now of the triplet's surprise for her father, and I take a step back from him, smiling to Warlight almost unseeingly as we begin the trek down to the lake. It's not far from here at all, but a part of me still wishes to take my father in law in my dreams and deliver him there without labour. But the dreams can be disorienting for those unused to it, and so I stay my hand, walking patiently on his one side as his daughter walks the other. It's a sad sight, but sorely needed; it's my hope, all of our hopes, that Warrick will retire here.

Retire. Retire, that's all.

As we round the bend of the trail that we're following, my eyes adjust to the extra light of the rising moon that comes from behind the peak of a mountain. The telltale tree stands tall and welcoming, with sweeping purple-blue boughs; and beneath these, two figures lie curled up in a bundle. Our sons, Rhaegor and Sviko, having tricked their mothers into thinking them asleep. My eyes scan that which they've prepared, noticing some final touches... But there's straw sticking from both of their lips and caught in their scruffy tails, and I glance to Warlight with a little stink eye. There's no doubt she knew about this. But in the end, I can't be angry.

Leaning down, I nuzzle Koko's head, then Rhae's. "Wake up, darlings. Grandpa is here."

@[Solace] I figured I'd let you describe the stuffs since it was your idea! Also @[Sviko] feel free to join in <3
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like sunlight burning at midnight; any - by Kagerus - 10-12-2018, 11:18 PM