• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We got too close to the flame - Scorch

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Just as her shoulder turned towards the pine forests, voice rang out behind her once more. Momentarily, she considered just ignoring it; had it been anything except an apology, she probably would have. But something about this demanded her attention, and so - feeling as though the world rested atop her shoulders and that to turn back would only add to the weight of it - she looked to him once more, a tiredness in her eyes that spoke to how grievously this pregnancy was affecting her.

"I am sorry too, son. If you would like to move past this, then so would I." Her voice seemed even choppier than normal, as if the fire's laceration upon her vocal chords had intensified somehow despite the event having occurred nigh on forty years prior. "But please - I must go and rest. I hope you are staying around Nerine for good this time - " she paused, looking at her son for either a nod or a shake of his head, " - because we could always use your dedication."

"I'm sorry again, Leilan... I will see you in the summer."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Leilan]
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: We got too close to the flame - Scorch - by Scorch - 10-17-2018, 03:56 PM