• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And the good guys never get the girl; Aten, Brennen, any

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

She knows their timing has been more ill than she’d hoped; but with Aten simply unable to cross until the sand bridge had been cleared of water enough, they had had to wait. And she’d not seen herself fit to wait until the next morning to bring him over, if she was completely honest with herself.

Aten’s question makes her smile, and shake her head. ”I rarely ever come here, so the one time I did is still clear in my mind, but it’s nothing special I’m afraid.” she smiles apologetically, but has no time for further explanations.

Nonetheless, the winged bay she’d hoped to introduce, simply appeared before them in the sands, and she blinks at the man a few times before speaking. ”Brennen,” she greets him with a dip of her head, ”I do apologize for the timing, please excuse us for not waiting on the daytime bridge.” She smiles, and looks at the man she brought. ”I met Aten today, and after talking some, I had the feeling he might be a better fit for your kingdom than mine.” she explains kindly, looking from one to another. She’d leave any other introductions to themselves, thinking it unfit for her to do all the talking. The Brotherhood was best explained by a brother himself, after all.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Aten] @[Brennen]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And the good guys never get the girl; Aten, Brennen, any - by Ilma - 10-07-2018, 10:12 AM