• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So the winds called me home (any)
    Nalia thought the mare seemed friendly enough at first, until she noticed the defensive air she was giving off. Perhaps she'd already taken it a step too far, trying to be so friendly to a horse who, for all she knew, was experiencing a problem. She really did need to work on her greetings, her way of looking at things. Problem was she never had anyone to talk that down to her, so she never saw a problem in the overzealous, enthusiastic way she spoke or greeted newcomers.

At least the mare was feeling friendly enough to greet Nalia in return, even if her words were very quiet and not the nicest sounding. The mare introduced herself by the name of Brine, a nice sounding name, so Nalia would've said had another not approached.

The newcomer was also a mare, a paint, with a scar from her ear to her nostrils. Hiding a wince, the filly didn't say anything as the paint introduced herself as Kagerus, apparently, the leader of Hyaline. Nalia had heard of the sanctuary kingdom, playing home to more of the misfits and lost who didn't have anywhere else to belong. Nalia would've thought the kingdom a home at some point, for her, had she not come to realize that a lot of horses in Beqanna had unique talents and gifts. The added benefit of having friends in Nerine made it seem a lot more warm and welcoming, so she hadn't given Hyaline a second thought.

Brine greeted Kagerus with an easier hello, something Nalia did notice. Nalia decided she wanted another chance to say something, before the paint mare shut her down.

"So what are you doing out here in the Field Brine? Are you looking for somewhere to live? I've come from Nerine, and it's a wonderful place I could tell you about, if you're interested."

@[Brine] @[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    So the winds called me home (any) - by Brine - 09-25-2018, 08:14 PM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Nalia - 09-26-2018, 08:51 AM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Brine - 09-29-2018, 06:47 PM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Nalia - 09-30-2018, 11:04 AM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Brine - 10-26-2018, 05:59 PM