• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So the winds called me home (any)
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

Since my return to Hyaline at the beginning of Spring, I've not again left - too preoccupied making love to my wife and reassuring her and indeed, receiving reassurance, too.  We'd both done things we'd regretted in the wake of our fight, her finding comfort in the father of her other children, and I allowing two stallions too close to my physical self. Our relationship, upon my return, required time to heal and strengthen bonds that threatened to break. Even though I had succeeded in gaining her immortality for the small price of a scar across my face, not everything went back to being okay.

But we worked on it - and we continue to - and for all the work we've put in, I finally feel up to returning to the rest of Beqanna.

Summer has nearly come since last I left mind kingdom, but the dew of spring still wettens my legs up to my thighs as I traverse across the continent with a certain place in mind. I could have dreamt myself there but it seemed somehow important that I reevaluate the land which bears me and my family, and so I do: raising my head to gaze upon the neighbouring nations, nostrils flaring to take in the scents of other creatures who call Beqanna home.

When I get to the field, I notice her right off the bat, eyeing the way her muscles strain without ever moving and the way her eyes seem to be staring off into space. I'm no mind reader, but it's as if I can almost hear that fractured voice telling her what to do as she resists doing it. And though I relate to that to some degree, it puzzles me too - how someone's counter voice could be telling them to do the right thing, instead of the wrong one.

(What, killing yourself is wrong now?)
    Shut the fuck up.
    (You're ugly enough that people wouldn't even be sad at this point.)
    I regret even thinking about you.
    (Don't blame me for your own stupidity.)

Sighing, I shake my head; perhaps my son Rhaegor would have been a better recruit for the mare before me, in her veil of silence and her minute trembling; but it just so happens that I am here now, and not him.

A pegasus approaches before me, smelling of Nerine. I follow closely behind, hearing her introduction and giving her a cordial smile before turning to address the one whom we're clearly interested in.

"And my name is Kagerus - I am the leader of Beqanna's sanctuary kingdom." I wouldn't normally open with this statement - but considering the mare before me, I think it might be valid information.

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    So the winds called me home (any) - by Brine - 09-25-2018, 08:14 PM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Nalia - 09-26-2018, 08:51 AM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Kagerus - 09-26-2018, 02:11 PM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Brine - 09-29-2018, 06:47 PM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Nalia - 09-30-2018, 11:04 AM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Brine - 10-26-2018, 05:59 PM