• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out here with the moves || Dayé, Sawtooth ||

WOLFBANE

And there it is - the divide between two worlds only his sisters might inhabit. Wolfbane sees it plain as day, plain as the shift from Sawtooth’s one body to the other. In essence they might never need him to watch over, provide, or attempt to guide them but their instincts and the nature of their existence demands a sort of camaraderie their older brother is incapable of supplying. Given the chance he would (it would be embarrassing for him to admit how many countless times he’d tried to force his own body to reshape itself) just take this skin and remove it for a much more practical one, but he can’t.

The pegasus stallion will never be anything but prey, when what Dayé and Sawtooth need are pack mates.

He hopes that by bringing them together like this a further understanding of their own wants and needs might blossom. “When we were just kids, Dad would tell late-night stories about his father’s father being a wolf too. All the way back.” He recalls dreamily, allowing his pale feathers to mingle alongside the glinting blue of Sawtooth’s. “I can’t carry that on anymore.” The maned horse admits, smiling. “Not that I’m overly disappointed in that fact.” He chuckles.

In a blink he’s gone invisible. Physically present in the sense that his real, tangible wings still press against his sister’s but altogether erased from sight. “Seems my mother’s lineage runs strong enough.” Their hidden companion murmurs, well aware that only a single generation, Femur’s, had skipped the crown. He knew personally nothing of the afamed Pollock, aside from  the well-known historical fact that he’d ruled the drowned Pangea and had been his mother’s father.

In each of the siblings lies discourse and chaos, two wayward branches stemmed together by the coupling of their shared parents. “I do need something from you two, though.” He fades back, returning to a visible state in the way a drop of colored ink spreads slowly throughout a small body of clear water. For now they could be together and revive the memories of their youth, however the future could tear them apart again for months. Maybe years. “I need to know that you’re going to be okay.” He mentions, head moving aside to catch both their gazes, “I also need you to understand that if there’s anything, anything at all you want, just come to me first.”

They stand in silence while a minute passes by. “Promise me.” He urges.

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Dayé] @[Sawtooth]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out here with the moves || Dayé, Sawtooth || - by Wolfbane - 10-17-2018, 04:31 PM