• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I tried to sell my soul last night; Ryatah
    “What have I become, my sweetest friend?
    Everyone I know goes away in the end."

A sigh rattles from within the confines of her chest, exhaling into the cool spring air. She is alone in her thoughts, as she has been the last several years. The silver blood of immortality that courses through her veins had managed to preserve her for the most part, but unfortunately when you live the life that she had, not even magic can keep you pristine. She is lovely in the way that ghosts often are; silver and whimsical, with haunted smiles and empty laughs that sound like echoes. But she is scarred, with a knotted mane and bramble in her tail, and of course, most noticeable of all, her hollowed sockets lay vacant and dark.

But she does not need to see him to recognize him. ”Ashhal,” and there is a hint of laughter in the way she says his name, her white lips curling into a familiar smile. After living here for over a hundred years there were many that she had crossed paths with, but she cannot recall the last time she came across someone that had been there the first time she crossed the border into the Forsaken Valley. It truly felt like a lifetime ago, and the memories were more like watching a movie of someone else’s life. She could not have possibly ever been that delicate and innocent; with skin like porcelain and eyes like a doe. She had clung so fiercely to Dhumin’s side, the only thing that was familiar to her in this new land. She had been the lamb living amongst wolves, but somehow she had survived.

She shifts her weight so that the tree no longer held her, elevating her delicate head and curving her body to face him. The heat of his body radiates towards her, and in response she is drawn to him like a magnet. ”Long time no see,” And this time a true laugh escapes her, and somehow it is the one thing that has not changed; the sound remains lyrical and pure, and it is the first time she has laughed in years. She does not hesitate to come alongside him now, her svelte frame pressing against his. ”I can tell by your voice we haven’t ran into each other since Carnage and I had our...disagreement.” She has been blind for so long now that rarely does she think back to that day, the day that she had made the mistake of snapping at him, and the day that the Dale had finally rebelled against the Valley’s hold on them. She remembers a time when being without her eyes had made her self-conscious, and how she had wanted nothing more than to disappear. She didn’t have the heart to care anymore, but there was a part of her that wondered if Ashhal was going to be too disgusted to look at her.

RYATAH
    you could have it all, my empire of dirt

@[Ashhal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I tried to sell my soul last night; Ryatah - by Ryatah - 09-24-2018, 03:28 PM