• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you give me something to believe in; Roseen

Kensa

In order to confirm that she just wished to keep the bay may company Kensa settled across from her and to the left so that they could comfortably speak and keep an eye on one another's back. A formation that might help soothe the anxieties of a gravid mare. Taking a few mouthfuls during a brief lull in their words, and therefore failing to notice the sad distraction of her companion, Kensa did still manage to pick up on the creeping sorrow that Roseen tamped down before she inquired about her living situation. A flicker of concern passed through her eyes but she did not want to seem to familiar when their acquaintance was so new.

Without knowing this mare better she could not imagine what pained her or how she could help. Though she didn't go around the world trying to scoop up every troubled creature and give it comfort, she did feel like she ought to be a friend whenever she could.  There was also a natural motherliness that she felt from Roseen, and she was still young enough to be drawn to that without realizing it.

"Oh, yes, I'm in Hyaline. In the mountains. It would be a good place to raise a foal." Her dear friend Rhaegor had grown up there after all, and someday Kensa might be raising her own children there. She hadn't thought about that until now. It seemed like a strange and very distant future. Putting it into the back of her mind, in a place full of possibilities that she just wasn't ready to consider.  "Surely there must be a place you're considering in particular?" Asked Kensa with earnest kindness, and then adding. "I've only been to Hyaline so far. I'd love to hear about the places your thinking of."

i'm burning like a fire gone wild on saturday
    guess i won't be coming to church on sunday
    i'll be waiting for love to come around

@[Roseen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you give me something to believe in; Roseen - by Kensa - 09-24-2018, 10:06 PM