• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The beginning of a life, and the ending of another - Birthing, any
    Roseen

Breckin and Nalia remain quiet, unfortunately. The moment Leilan began speaking viciously towards her she wanted him gone. She turned her head away from him, giving no reply. The only movement she made was to finally stand, her weak legs almost collapsing from exhaustion beneath her weight. But she forced herself to finish the task, for Thorgal needed food.

It wasn’t as if she was ignoring Leilan, though. That was near impossible with the way he spoke. But she gave the impression that she wasn’t listening, keeping her eyes fixed away from him, not even sparing him a brief glance, but instead looked behind him at her son. With a small, weak smile, she nodded her head, beckoning him to come over.

Leilan’s voice became more vicious, and he took a step closer, causing her to stiffen frighteningly. She didn’t care what she said to him; there was no need for him to act that way. In fact, he was making himself less trustworthy, because now she feared for her foal, and herself, that he may lash out and hurt one of them. But still, she said nothing. There was one good reason she would only allow him to be there as a friend, the reason she didn’t trust him. It was true that she was better off being left by him than spending her whole life with him believing a lie, but the point was that he lied. He intentionally deceived her into believing he loved her, he preyed on her desire to be loved. There was nothing that told her he truly cared for Thorgal. If his lies towards her were convincing, then anything he says about Thorgal could be a lie just as well. She didn’t want her son growing up believing he had a father who loved him, and only gets hurt because it was all a lie.

She restrained giving him an icy glare, because her thoughts were starting to scramble at this point, body aching and slowly failing as she struggled to keep her eyes open any longer. Her exhaustion was setting in more and more to the point where she couldn’t even comprehend Leilan’s words very well. Now she just had a throbbing headache, and was growing irritated that she couldn’t get any rest. 

She shook her head with an impatient groan, ears laying back, eyes shutting to block out any light that worsened the ache in her head. “Stop, just stop,” she said, almost whispered. “I’m too exhausted to listen any longer. I can’t think clearly enough to make any decisions properly, so just stop.” If this continued, she would become too stressed. Already she feared her milk may dry up because of how upset she had gotten; Thorgal would starve if that happened. She needed Leilan gone, at least for now so that she could rest and think more clearly. 

“I can’t promise anything, Leilan,” she added, looking at him through half-closed eyes. “Words aren’t everything. Actions speak louder than the tongue, so if you can’t figure it out, it was your actions that lied to me. I loved you, and you deceived me into believing you felt the same. I can’t trust your love for Thorgal is as true as you say it is. So until I can rest and make a proper decision later, my decision remains the same.”

She was done. 

even if you feel all alone, it can’t rain everyday, it don’t rain forever

@[Breckin] @[Leilan] @[Nalia] So sorry this took so long. It’s a lot shorter than I wanted, too >.>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The beginning of a life, and the ending of another - Birthing, any - by Roseen - 10-25-2018, 09:05 AM