• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

two hearts on a cold street; any
    Xero beamed up at Lee, warmth blooming in her chest as he called her his friend. Warm enough that it even chased away a little of the sadness that had settled in when she thought too long about things she didn’t really remember, only dreamed. “I dunno, I can imagine a whole lot of green,” she said softly. “But maybe you’re right.” Maybe he could show her. Or maybe she’d find it on her own someday, if...well, if he didn’t want her to tag along.

And she got a whole lot more nervous about that ominous little if when he brought up the subject of parents, said they should talk to hers before they set off on any fun adventures. “Oh,” she said softly, ducking her head and looking away. “I...um.” If she had to get somebody’s permission first, and she didn’t have a somebody to ask, would he not want her to go with? She fidgeted and squirmed a little, worried at her lip, gnawing on the inner corner just a little. The sensation was oddly soothing, but not exactly enough to allay her concern.  

Probably best to just tell him, right? She peeked up at him, worry darkening the soft brushed gold of her eyes. “I don’t got any of those. Parents, I mean. There was a fairy bug that I guess zapped me? And I got a couple of friends I made.” Or maybe some of them were just almost-friends, just could-be-someday friends, but she was choosing to be optimistic. Sure. “But no parents. I get a lot of cuddles from somebody in my dreams though. If you want, I can take a nap and ask if it’s okay if I go with you! But I’m pretty sure I can. I got nobody to tell me no, so that means yes, right?”

Messages In This Thread
    two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 09-19-2018, 08:57 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 09-19-2018, 09:55 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 09-25-2018, 11:59 PM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 10-03-2018, 12:02 PM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 10-12-2018, 09:53 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 10-23-2018, 12:53 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 10-30-2018, 12:16 PM