• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

two hearts on a cold street; any
    Xero smiled, all bright and shiny even though new friend looked maybe a little troubled, with his brow furrowing just a tiny bit. “It’s nice to meet you, Lee! I like that, it’s cute and short like me!” Her smile got even bigger, and she wiggled a little to show off just how cute and short she was, in fact.

“Are we friends now?” Ohhh she hoped so, ‘cause she didn’t really have very many. Pretty lady with the blue on the edges, a kitty she hadn’t really gotten to play with, a cute boy with wings and no voice, but that was all! Well them and the dream snuggle friends, but she didn’t think those reallyyyy counted, since they were only there when she slept.

Ohhh, she was helpful? Oh yay! Xero’s eyes lit up, their silver-softened gold getting wiiide and catching the light. Oh, but...she frowned as he started to name places she’d never heard of, shaking her head in response to each--until he got to the Jungle.

“Jungle?” she asked softly, confused by the sharp yearning in her chest, the way her heart ached for something she’d never even heard of before. “I...I don’t think I know that place,” she murmured, but there was hesitation in her voice, her eyes going faraway misty and unfocused. “Is...there lots of green? And warm and cozy even when the rest of the world is so, so cold?”

She shivered, her body remembering the winter freeze, and her lower lip trembled. “I been looking for it too, but I can’t find it ‘cept when I’m sleeping. I dunno any of the others though, just the Meadow and the Forest so far. Maybe...maybe we could look together?”

Probably she shouldn’t have asked that, ‘cause together wasn’t something she really knew how to do. But she peeked up at him, her lips twisting to the side so the bottom one would behave and stop quaking. Just a peek, before she dropped her eyes to the ground and added with a tiny whisper. “Only if you wanna, though.”

Messages In This Thread
    two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 09-19-2018, 08:57 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 09-19-2018, 09:55 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 09-25-2018, 11:59 PM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 10-03-2018, 12:02 PM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 10-12-2018, 09:53 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 10-23-2018, 12:53 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 10-30-2018, 12:16 PM