• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When you’re feeling beautiful, will you remember me?

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    Roseen is being odd - at least as far as he can tell. She doesn’t say anything about Arthas any more which makes him wonder if it his the grey man’s child she carries and had a falling out after conceiving it. Much like he had never really spoken to her either since - well whatever. If she didn’t want to talk about it he supposed it wasn’t that important; if she had even a suspicion there was a chance it was his child then she would have said something by now. Right? Right. So it clearly wasn’t.

His hiding then, has nothing much to do with the nights he spent with both of them. Moreso with what followed; his trip to the mountain hadn’t exactly been with an intent to return, the Kelpie bite had involved a drowning. But it has mostly to do with the guilt he feels. For blaming Breckin, in a way. For being so angry with her because he was so hurt. And okay - he is also guilty of not telling Roseen that love is something beyond his grasp, and she shouldn’t get her hopes up - that he gave away his heart to a mare who doesn’t want him, and that without it he just doesn’t function as well. But that he’s on his way to ask her what she wants to do with that heart, now that she has it. And that Roseen was just unfortunate enough to be his friend with whom he would have wanted to try and move on, but that he realized that all he wanted, just wasn’t her.

But he says nothing, as the two of them converse. At the bay mare’s question, he starts with ”I like to think so -” but Briseis already tells Roseen of the fact that they have a daughter, so he just nods. Sure. No denying that. And why would he? Roseen is carrying someone else’s child; so she probably knows how those things work - that sometimes it only takes a moment to put an unintended child on the world, but that they make the best of it anyway. He looks sideways at Briseis; wondering why her last words had been so soft and careful.

Clearly, he’s the one not reading the situation correctly.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Roseen] @[Briseis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When you’re feeling beautiful, will you remember me? - by Leilan - 09-24-2018, 04:15 PM