• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

bury my love in the moondust; any
    Slinking along the riversedge, the dun girl moves with a feline grace, an inevitability given the oddity of her physiology: shoulders that are not quite set right for a horse and feet that move far too quietly to be hooves. She moves along the well-shaded treeline, slipping through the budding warmth of an early spring day and looking like little more than a shadow herself. 

This is the land she knows the best, the tallgrass meadows with good hunting and the massive oak where her pride spends their resting hours. Daedra has walked these trails since she was a cub; her first steps had been taken not far from where she now stands. 

Her tail, a pale thing with a single dark tuft of hair at the tip, twitches against her striped hocks as she crouches, but soon falls still. A dozen yards ahead, a quail leads her feathered brood through the undergrowth. Each of the speckled chicks are no more than a single mouthful, but Daedra's belly is rumbling. They come closer, a dozen little feet pattering along the rain-damp earth. She's waits, poised, and the moment before she leaps someone comes around a copse of thick growth and startles the birds away. 

Daedra huffs irritably, standing up from her crouch to get a better look at whomever had just interrupted her hunt.

Messages In This Thread
    bury my love in the moondust; any - by Daedra - 09-17-2018, 10:16 PM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Titus - 09-18-2018, 01:11 AM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Daedra - 09-18-2018, 01:02 PM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Titus - 09-19-2018, 11:49 PM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Daedra - 09-21-2018, 06:00 PM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Titus - 10-10-2018, 11:20 PM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Daedra - 10-20-2018, 08:08 AM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; any - by Titus - 10-23-2018, 12:55 PM