• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's lines between the space; stillwater
    Stillwater
    "I have a mate. And a daughter."

He knew what she was saying, and beneath his stoic exterior, he raged. He beat at the cage of his own mind. And swallowed more saliva, eager for a taste of more than just her now. His crank was winding and eventually it would have to halt, it would have to play. In a blanket of blood, he would play.

"I love them."

He would not be undone. His determination was setting firmly. He nodded slowly, tilted his brilliant smile just right. Just so. His eyes glittered like the light of a pale moon over his lake. And he leaned closer, watching her beautiful face as he brushed his lips softly over her jaw. His whole body was relaxed, at ease here with her. His mind was not.

"Yes," he confirmed, agreed, in a hushed murmur against her skin. He deliberately misunderstood her. "And two sons," he reminded her. A night of reminding her, then. Remembering where she was, who she used to be, what she used to have. Did his children mean nothing now? Did she not realize how rare and impossible that was for his kind? Perhaps the others would need to die first, but he didn't think so. She only had to stay a while.

"Don't you love our sons too, Djinni?"

He wasn't sure what she'd done with Lochwood. He saw him once, just the once, so briefly. And then the babe was gone. Part of him assumed she'd killed him. Perhaps he'd turned out just a little too much like his sire, a little too dark or a little too hungry. A little too dangerous.

Perhaps she knew he would've had to kill him.

His gray-blue eyes were on her brown ones, lips parted and watching her. He was close enough to hear her pulse, hear it call to him, sing to him. With a silent breath, he controlled it. For now. He kept the silver from his eyes, kept his beast at bay. But he wanted her. As he always would. With a slow blink, his skin smoothed over and he was as slick and rich black as an Orcha. Made for the water. Showing his skin for his mate. Reminding her.

And even this wasn't his real body, but she knew that too.

"Where are you, Djinni," he whispered, his voice like gravel.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's lines between the space; stillwater - by Stillwater - 10-06-2018, 06:32 PM