• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising; anyone
    There is world outside of serving a kingdom, he says, and I cannot help but smile. I’ve heard such claims, but always from those with worldviews far different than my own. Tasks, routines, and discipline have always been a central part of my life, and the concept of throwing them aside for other things is nearly incomprehendable. Still, I know that not all others are like me, that there are those who scorn rank and tradition and loyalty.

Sinner continues to speak, and is far more forthcoming than I might have expected from a creature of his ilk. Still, most of what he says is defensive. Not aggressive, but pointed enough for me to take his meaning that he is well aware of his own value, and firmly set in his ways. So be it. I knew coming to Sylva there would be monsters. My intent had been to cast them out, but Arthas had given me one that I could not.

I cannot help but wonder, as the fire-eyed creature tells me that his favorite food is blood, if Arthas had truly known the animal he has appointed Champion. I had asked little of the takeover, assuming that it had been done easily, as no Loessian I had seen bore fresh wounds. I don’t make an effort to hide the distaste that flickers across my face at his mention of his love for killing, but it is easy enough to overwhelm before it disappears. Arthas might have given him the impression that his kind were welcome in Sylva, but Arthas is not the one making promises, and will not be the one to suffer if they are broken.

A path appears before me suddenly, one I had not considered.

"And have you had your favorite food recently?" I ask, resettling my wings but remaining visibly alert. "You haven’t eaten any Ischian children lately, have you? Or perhaps a green mare?"

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-14-2018, 09:05 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Sinner - 09-19-2018, 09:52 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-21-2018, 07:18 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Sinner - 09-24-2018, 11:54 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-25-2018, 07:46 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Sinner - 09-26-2018, 09:37 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-27-2018, 06:34 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Sinner - 10-10-2018, 10:35 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 10-13-2018, 09:33 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Sinner - 10-23-2018, 12:34 PM