• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising; anyone
    He is truthful without revealing a thing, and Lepis' dark ears flick forward curiously. As the hellhound studies her she does the same, her blue-grey eyes flicking across his novel shape. Certainly not a wolf, though that is the closest comparison she can find. Had she ever seen a bear, that might fit as well, but Beqanna is rather short on dangerous predators.

Well, predators of the non-equine variety at least.

Fear remains - suspiciously, at this point - absent from my voice when I respond to his amusement at finding I am the queen. "I am." The two words are as lacking in exposition as his own admission that he is no wolf, and we might have been destined for a standstill until the fire-eyed creature speaks again.

"Are you Sylvans always this suspicious? " I parry back, and a self-amused smile lurks at the edges of my navy mouth. It is far easier to be bold when one has fear in tightly-lidded box. I do not give enough of a pause after my initial question to come off as evasive, and as I stretch one long golden wing before tucking it back in again, I continue to speak.

"I have talents Arthas does not." I say, and the emotionless statement comes with the quick fade of my almost smile. I am sure he has interacted with the dappled stallion. Arthas is more than capable, but he does have a brash edge, one that it is my intention to temper, at least if we mean to keep Sylva alive as a kingdom and not simply a story that mothers tell their disobedient children.

"Do you have concerns about me specifically, or just that Arthas chose to make his wife queen without consulting with you first?" One brow raises at this, but the almost smile is back. I know better than to prod at a fire (and have the burn marks to prove that lesson) but I am curious what this creature knows about me. Once I have that, perhaps we will have enough to build the foundation of a relationship - Queen to Champion.

@[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-14-2018, 09:05 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Sinner - 09-19-2018, 09:52 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-21-2018, 07:18 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Sinner - 09-24-2018, 11:54 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-25-2018, 07:46 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Sinner - 09-26-2018, 09:37 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 09-27-2018, 06:34 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Sinner - 10-10-2018, 10:35 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Lepis - 10-13-2018, 09:33 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; anyone - by Sinner - 10-23-2018, 12:34 PM