• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how time twines around your neck; any
    The snow falls slowly, a barely tangible curtain of white that stretches across the entire horizon. Here and there, my pale eyes pick out the thicker clouds of rising steam, hot water meeting cold air at the steaming pools. All my pieces have been spread apart, and it takes  several long moments to recover. Long moments that are punctuated only by the low creak of a fallen limb in the distance and the ghostly warmth of the god against my neck and shoulders.

He's there when I blink, I've decided, some omnipotent presence that I was not meant to understand.

Once I am mostly assembled I take a single long breath. The exhalation of it is less stable - a stuttering sigh - but I remain still. The stars blaze in my closed eyes, the brilliance tattooed even into the darkness, little reminders of the combustion of the cosmos around us only moments ago.

"You should have left me there." I say to the nothing, and my voice is as soft as the snow, barely more than a whisper. I do not clarify where there might be, but when I open my eyes and take a step away from him, a step toward home, I add: "You're not welcome here." My power is minimal, and I doubt that a banishment from a mortal kingdom would give a deity any pause. Still, it is what I have, and I pull my pale wings around me like a shield as I leave him behind.

@[Elektrum]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: how time twines around your neck; any - by Lepis - 10-29-2018, 11:51 AM