• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how time twines around your neck; any
    ""

The dizziness that has been careening wildly within my chest collapses as swiftly as any dust devil, from terrifying to nothing in an instant. There was something in his voice, something that I recognize, something that crushes away every wisp of my constant projections.

His breath still warms the raised skin of my shoulder. It had reminded me of the hot springs of home, and I had closed my eyes to imagine - just for a little bit - Loess in the summer. His 'No', startles them open again. I blink rapidly, untrusting of the world that has appeared around me for the brief moment it takes me to remember who I am with. The sensation is no less disconcerting than our last effort, and I have almost projected relaxation at the sight of the distant Mountain (at least we are back in Beqanna) when the stallion speaks.

I do not immediately question him, Instead, the realization seems to dawn slowly. I shiver, my coat and wings still heavy with water, but I am not sure if it is the cold or the wrongness of the world.

"Am I dead?" I ask him at last, tilting my dark head to look up at him. There's worry behind the stormy eyes, but it is not for the reason it should be. This place feels like the world before, and I brush a foot against the grass at our feet and find that I can feel that as well as I could remember feeling anything.

@[Elektrum]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: how time twines around your neck; any - by Lepis - 10-04-2018, 06:28 AM