• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Wolfbane

WOLFBANE

Unbidden, the gaze he’d kept so remotely controlled up until this point begins to focus on the scar that paints Kagerus’ face like a horrible omen. Without reason he wonders what could possibly be worth the inflicted pain or constant reminder, and then he gives pause to consider what in his own life would be worth such a blow.

Loess is.

He thinks of Lepis, first. How if she were here, the two-toned mare would be screaming expletive phrases along the lines of death threats - (what, exactly, could Hyaline do to her anyways?) - and then the rest of them trickle in. Arthas, with a blunt attitude and even duller sense of calm when it came to playing nice. Dayé and her second skin, finally given a purpose and the extreme freedom her nature craved. Vulgaris with his hunger for something more, always something more. Rey, who seemed to flip the bird at death and life simultaneously. Sawtooth, his final sibling, and her dependency on his strength and guidance.

Titus, the up-and-coming he hopes will soon find a spot in ranks; His mentor’s children - Mary, Delta, and he thinks Venus? - who call Loess their home. Even Kaurma slips into Bane’s thoughts without him really wanting her there (typical), but he knows all the same how she functions.

What would they say?

“I’m sorry, Kagerus.” He huffs, decidedly honest in the admission before he turns those curious eyes away away from her scar, “But what I want and what Loess needs are two entirely separate matters.”

“Our collective dreams are bigger than neutrality. It’s worked for us thus far, so it’ll just have to continue to be that way. I’ll fight for Lepis the best way I know how, but I won’t roll over for her.” He determines aloud, sick of Loess’ history for showing her belly when Beqanna bared her teeth.

Someday he believes respect can grow between them - Hyaline and her foothills sibling, Loess - it’s just that today won’t be that day. Bane gives her another nod, it could be months before the two cross paths again, and then he clears her path to trot out into the bitterly cold expanse of the field, unfurling his wings and taking to the clouded, winter-gray skies.

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Kagerus] This thread was #everything and Bane is growing so much from it <3
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 09-07-2018, 03:01 PM