• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane

She barely pays the passing landscape any mind. Lovely as it is, she’s seen it all before. Her inclination for spying is hardly something she bandies about, but any who know her well know she sees far more than she should. No doubt her grandson already has an inkling, though she doubts he yet understands the true scope of her knowledge.

Instead she watches him as they walk, carefully observing, tucking away what she learns of him. She has seen much of him, but beholding him with her own eyes is an entirely different experience. And this visit is when she will hold close in both her memories and her heart.

He seems intrigued by the thought of an aunt, and if Longclaw had never mentioned Rapture to him, she could understand why.  Who wouldn’t wish to know about a heretofore unknown twin to one’s father? Perhaps they would even grow to know themselves as family. Although, given her daughter’s flightiness, she does have to wonder if he’ll actually find her. Even she has a hard time keeping up with Rapture.

She offers him a mildly amused smile when he expresses his regrets. As charming as the offer had been, she’s quite sure he wouldn’t actually care for having her underfoot. She has rather been known to cause headaches. And frankly, she isn’t about cease her activities. He could thank her later.

With a rather impish nod of her head, she accepts his standing invitation. “You can be certain I will,” she replies with a dry humor, before continuing in a more serious tone. “And know that I will be here if you need me.”

Her gaze lingers for a long moment on the stripped stallion before she offers as soft farewell. “Until next time, Wolfbane.” With that, she turns north.

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Figured I'd wrap this up for drama thread lolol

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane - by Heartfire - 10-17-2018, 09:42 AM