• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Create, explore, expand, conquer || Breckin ||

WOLFBANE

Show him one horse that was whole and Bane would show you his ass. This world of theirs wasn’t fit for the perfect or the best; it was fashioned for chaos and inevitable loss. He understands what she’s trying to say, though he partially wishes she wouldn’t. “The girl’s a red flag, a wildfire. Another Wishbone.” His conscious warns, quick to wound him from the sense that he might be losing himself to something which was never really his to begin with.

He gathers the hint.

Stubbornly he refutes it, encouraged still by the way she remains at his side and the soft pattern she draws over his skin. There’s a sense of lingering desire that he hopes she won’t discredit (can she feel his heart thunder in his chest?) And he wants so badly to take away the pain she covets. Breckin tells him no promises but Wolfbane only sees fear; he’s treading down a path someone else has already razed to destruction. Her adoration, her trust, her love … these things Bane feels he could earn from her if given the time … all suddenly cease to exist when she finally parts their comfortable embrace.

Clouded once by lessons learned, his olive eyes sharpen distinctly and Bane curls her feather cloak back to his side where it belongs. “Friends, then.” The wild drake grins, belying only casual happiness when inside he cringes too. “I’m not …” He starts, and then changes his mind, “Khaleesi I would regret it.”

Certainly she could see: not even one night was worth spoiling the regard he had for her. Perhaps someday … maybe someday she’d understand it as well. “Take what I said to heart, but don’t beat yourself up about it.” He finally laughs, after what had seemed like an eternity of quiet bliss. “And if you ever want anything more than my regret, you know where I’ll be waiting.” He promises, eyes glinting in the new-dark.

Selfishly, because he knows he can and because he wants to, the line of his mouth searches out her forehead again to leave a parting, silent goodbye before trotting ahead and leaping into the arms of an ever-waiting sky.

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Breckin] I’m calling it “Breckin brain” from now on (your ‘rambling’ lol) but summary: he’s gone and now our timelines can be all caught up! xD
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Create, explore, expand, conquer || Breckin || - by Wolfbane - 09-18-2018, 01:44 PM