• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I love, love. (Shocking I know) How'd you meet?
    y'all are so cute but kahzie your story is forever my favorite

so uhh I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years. I was coming out of a 3 year relationship and not looking to date seriously, and was on okcupid. he messaged me, with were a high match, but he lived in oxford (about 1 1/2 hours away) so nothing came around immediately. We kept talking, I was still pretty meh on dating but was also...lonely and bored and he was far and away the most interesting person I was talking to, so I was trying to figure out a good date that would a. incentivize him to come to me (I didn't want to drive to him) and b. entertain me if it turned out he sucked.
    Well one day while writing a rant on good old beqanna.com it clicked that there was an imax showing of Jurassic Park at our local history museum. I messaged him after posting the rant, and he agreed.
    We met up at the museum and just...clicked. We wandered the museum for hours and he determined the sex of a skeleton for me, which is My Kind Of Thing, he overshared and told me within the first two hours that he was divorced and only had one testicle (unrelated to the divorce) and we watched Jurassic Park and I was super attracted to him but he didn't try to hold my hand or anything during the movie so I thought he wasn't into me, but then when the movie was done he asked me to dinner, and after dinner he said a lot of nice shit and we kissed and then I had to go home because I was housesitting for my parents.
    We kept talking and seeing each other and I refused to acknowledge I was falling for him because of the distance and the fact I didn't want a relationship, but we just...kept meeting and it was so good and it became a relationship for real, and he moved to Memphis for a job and for us, and it turned into a really great relationship Big Grin

Also at the same time we were entering into a relationship I saw a really cute dog on my animal shelther's web page, and she was coming up on the date when she could be put down by our shitty shelter (it's gotten better but 4 years ago the euth rate was pretty bad), and a rescue said they could pull with a foster. I wans't intending to get a dog (I'd need one that's completely housebroken! and doesn't get into anything!) but I just...loved this dog and her stupid dope face in the pictures, so I volunteered to foster her, knowing absolutely nothing about her.
    Picked her up from the animal shelter, and lo and behold, she was housebroken! Completely! She didn't chew anything! She could be left in the house, uncrated, for hours!
    She briefly went on a trial adoption, I cried nonstop, she was returned because of cat chasing issues, and that was all that she wrote. Rigby was meant to be my dog.

tl;dr - picked both my boyfriend and my dog arbitrarily off the internet

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I love, love. (Shocking I know) How'd you meet? - by Cassi - 08-29-2018, 07:40 PM