• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Breckin]

He was born in a cavern much like this.  Deep in the autumal forests and tucked along the border of what had been Pangea.  Do not travel over those mountains?  Stay under the trees, Klaudius?  Its as if his mother had been keeping him a secret.  Perhaps she was, or perhaps he hadn't been worth showing...

Drip. Drip. Drip...

The steady patter had grown as irritating as nail on a chalkboard.  Jaw muscles tensed at each strike of droplet to the granite floor.  Stop. Just STOP!  This place was cruel in more ways than one.  The damp darkness left his coat equally as uncomfortable.  His wings, he had left them un-preened for so long.  Too long.  How long had he been in here?  Months most likely.  His only visitation was the hairless scab that returned to cover his wounds, feeding him just enough sea grass to keep his health stable.  Why he even bothered to eat anymore was beyond recollection.  Why not just die Klaudius?  Why not just starve?... 

Family. 

Somewhere out there he had children, lovers, siblings.  They need you, he convinced himself.  Honestly, they probably didn't, but it was a sane thought -the only one he has managed to cling to through his imprisionment.  That one day he would see them again.  That he could fly freely into the skies he missed so much.  It was the second cruelty of this place.  He could see the wide open world before him, just close enough to feel the cool breeze in his lavender tresses, but it was out of his grasp.  The daily taunting drove him into madness.  Pacing down one side of the enclosure and up the other.  Steel hooves clipping atop the cold stone flooring, create an eerie echo to escape through the cavern mouth.  It wasn't enough to render, even a child, to go exploring as to where the noise was sourced.  

He was alone, once again.

Klaudius
    I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder

@[Breckin] I imagine this is where he is and has been here about 6-8 months maybe 
    http://il8.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos...humb/1.jpg

Messages In This Thread
    I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Breckin] - by Klaudius - 08-25-2018, 04:57 PM