• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark moon rising; castile
    Though I recognize his emphasis, my blue-grey gaze doesn't waver at the attribution of miscommunication. I hadn't made the friendliness of the steal clear, that is certainly true. To do so would have ruined my plan entirely, and to I am too proud to apologize for that shortcoming. It is a minor one, after all, given the immediate reaction of Hyaline, and to say there is not a bit of a gloat in my expression as Castile berates the idea of two wrongs making a right.

I do not miss the surprise in the dragon's eyes at the mention of my family. There is so much to catch him up on, so much that might have already been said, if only Ilma had not been lurking. It is that taste of bitterness, soured by the experiences of my past (the history of abuse and torment that have accompanied my earlier captivity, the history that Ilma does not factor in to her self-righteous calculations), that makes me brasher than I might have been otherwise.

It is not a good deal for Loess, but I will take it because it is good for me.

"I'll introduce you to him. Are you busy now?" I ask Castile, seemingly ignoring his trade and the offer that Ilma has given. It is only when I glance back over my winged shoulder at Ilma that it becomes clear that I have heard her, and that I am accepting the offer that any good diplomat would surely scorn.

The words I say next are meant for Castile, but I say them to Ilma, lest she misunderstand. "A year is not so long a time. I am certain Loess will have something to trade in exchange for a shortening of the term." I am going back a free woman to Loess, who will be in Hyaline's debt.

For now.

Messages In This Thread
    dark moon rising; castile - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 10:49 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Ilma - 08-25-2018, 11:42 AM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Castile - 08-30-2018, 12:37 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Lepis - 08-30-2018, 01:29 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Ilma - 08-31-2018, 07:08 AM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Lepis - 08-31-2018, 08:04 AM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Castile - 08-31-2018, 12:34 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Ilma - 09-03-2018, 05:00 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Lepis - 09-05-2018, 06:45 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Castile - 09-08-2018, 10:48 AM