• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When the last day comes // castile

She can see the change in his face as she speaks. First sharing in her excitement, her pride in what they had made together. There was a lot to be proud of in their boys, and she found herself looking forward to them meeting their father at long last. But then she reaches the difficult topic. She had guessed that if this day ever came, he would not leap for joy at the news. Would this be what drove him away for good? 

She can see him process it, struggle for words that could possibly suit the situation. Not every day did one learn that they had aided in the creation of a new dragon. When at last he finds his tongue, it is riddled with defensive guilt, tones that make sense given the subject. When they are both ashore and nestled against each other, close enough to drink in his scent, held tight beneath the shelter of his wing. There was no hesitating when she invited him in, no doubt. Rather, he seemed as enthusiastic as she felt in his embrace. Her body leaned closer. It had been too long since she had felt this warmth, the perhaps ironic security he gave her. The perfect blend of sex, love and violence that had drawn her to him in the first place. The soft pink of her lips pressed to his neck, mimicking the trail he had drawn on her moments before. It would be lovely to stay like this, to lose themselves in each other like they had before.  

With a not-quite-gentle bite, she picked the conversion back up. Responsible parenting was not her strong suite, but there was no time like the present to improve. Work before play. "I knew that it would be a possibility. I did not tell you so that you could feel bad about it, I told you so you could be prepared and maybe help me handle it." She shrugged a narrow shoulder, knowing that on her own, her odds of raising a volatile adolescent drake to maturity without losing life if not limb would be... pretty dreadful. Still, she wouldn't change it for the world. "They are the gifts you left me, Cas. I treasure them both. I just wish you had been there to share in their childhood. You're here now, though. They will love you as I do." She spoke with conviction, hoping she could make him believe it.

SABRA

I'm Hell on Heels, Say What You Will

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    When the last day comes // castile - by Sabra - 08-22-2018, 12:07 PM
    RE: When the last day comes // castile - by Sabra - 08-22-2018, 02:37 PM
    RE: When the last day comes // castile - by Sabra - 08-23-2018, 05:08 PM
    RE: When the last day comes // castile - by Sabra - 08-24-2018, 01:58 PM
    RE: When the last day comes // castile - by Sabra - 09-04-2018, 06:21 PM