• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When the last day comes // castile
    The sun isn’t bright, and yet his eyes narrow beneath his forelock with nervous anticipation. His breath catches in his throat and his ears swivel back uncertainly. Faintly, he can hear the metronome of water droplets plunging into the river beneath him. Sabra, staring at him, says nothing immediately; the silence is deafening, and so he focuses more intensely on the dripping and gurgling of water.

Drip… Drip… Drip…

And then it comes, her realization.

Cas, she says, and he almost smiles in recognition of his nicknames (she is the only one to ever call him such). Yes, it’s me, he doesn’t say. The words crumble away before they can reach his tongue as it swells against the roof of his mouth, unable to move. It’s too soon to be happy, to embrace her. There is more to come, he tells himself as the river continues to thread between his legs.

One breath… Two breaths…

There it is.

Sabra had always been fiery, and it explodes now with a storm of unraveling emotions. Castile can sense every little trace of joy, anger, and abandonment in her voice. And her eyes? They are windows into her broken soul. The magnitude of her voice trembles through him like an earthquake; it stirs something inside him that he could tamper just by forcing himself next to her, to hold her against him as her words fall apart. But he doesn’t. What urge there is to stand above her ebbs quickly away because he knows he deserves this. This is what he has expected and has been nervously awaiting. All of it.

Only when she is just a reach away and her voice has quieted does Castile realize he needs to breathe. The air caught in his throat is expelled and replaced by another steadier inhale. ”You deserve so much better,” he murmurs as his metallic eyes fall to the water’s agitated surface, ”but I can’t let you go.” She had done nothing wrong; it was all him – he is the fuckup. It’s instantaneous how his thoughts swirl into an abysmal darkness to forever blame and hate himself for having left, but before he can lose himself in it, he hears something.

The boys…

Those two words are the hook and fishing line that pull him from the dark cloud of his remorse. ”Boys?” He knew that evening something would happen. There had been intention behind their actions, their passion untamed and relentless. It was only a matter of time until her body swelled with what they created, but multiple?

He failed not one child, but two.

Castile’s jaws clench together thoughtfully and his lips purse into a thin line. He wants to pull her into him, to hold her as they always had done, but he is afraid to break her. A fluttering breath finds the enticement of her scent and he cannot help but to reach out delicately and trace along her neck. The familiar softness of her skin caresses him and soothes him. For a fleeting moment, his eyes shut to savor the moment before meeting her gaze and hesitantly pulling his lips from her. ”Please, tell me about the boys.” Because his family is what matters most now.

lmao I was about 3/4 of the way done with a post to you in Ischia when I saw this xD I just had to tweak the end... Hopefully it all makes sense still lol
    @[Sabra]

Messages In This Thread
    When the last day comes // castile - by Sabra - 08-22-2018, 12:07 PM
    RE: When the last day comes // castile - by Sabra - 08-22-2018, 02:37 PM
    RE: When the last day comes // castile - by Castile - 08-23-2018, 01:44 PM
    RE: When the last day comes // castile - by Sabra - 08-23-2018, 05:08 PM
    RE: When the last day comes // castile - by Sabra - 08-24-2018, 01:58 PM
    RE: When the last day comes // castile - by Sabra - 09-04-2018, 06:21 PM