• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

leaves all sinking, fever dreaming; ANY

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    He hears me coming, leaving the waters which so call to him just in time to meet my approach; his coat is darkened considerably by the waves that so tempted him. I watch for a moment, in the wake of my question, as water drops from his figure, sparkling here and there in the far-above moonlight. Strange, to notice such a small thing, such an odd detail, but I do; strange, this man before me. Detailed himself - odd. War-hardened. Life-lived.

Stranger, he replies, and I can't help but feel otherwise. Our gazes remain carefully intertwined, each of ours glowing with a kind of reserved understanding that neither of us are willing to indulge. The way his lips turn slowly up in just one corner makes me stomach flip, sends my mind reeling back to a smile that is entirely different, but eternally more familiar. My own lips flatten, ears pressing just slightly back, brushing against my antlers as I painfully remember the quarrel that Solace and I have so recently had. I haven't been home in some days, haven't seen my babies... But I must go to the Mountain before I can return. I need to prove to her that she will be mine - forever.

This - this stranger - he is simply a detour... A distraction. I swallow; my lips pull a small grimace. But he is answering me now, and I force my ears back into an alert position, my mental self breaking her nails against slate as she attempts to crawl from fragility back to a place where she can breathe without crying.

"Lucky indeed," comes my voice, sounding far more sure than I'd imagined it would. In the gentle night breeze, my tail brushes against my hocks, the only movement between the two of us. "Tell me then, such that I might forget my woes for an hours time... Tell me of something you do quite enjoy." I try a smile, but let it fall instantly. "I can make it worth your while, if only you'll trust me."

I blink, lower my eyes, bring them back up to his; gold-flecked; odd; knowing.

"I'm Kagerus."
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: leaves all sinking, fever dreaming; ANY - by Kagerus - 08-23-2018, 09:43 PM