• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  as the day breaks and the earth quakes / castile

I was too dangerous

She knows all about his danger. He has often reminded her of its looming presence over their relationship, yet when she refuses his touch it is as if she has wronged him.  The defeat in his voice strikes her - she is not heartless- but she does not flinch.

It was important that he know. He may believe he had mastered the beast he had been battling his entire life, but she couldn't be sure. He had to realize they he, it, couldn't hurt her, that they were safe from it. But when he fails to meet her gaze for a painfully long string of moments, she doesn't think he understands. 

Maybe she should speak up, smooth away the tension that would forever haunt their time together, but something stops her.

Solace's disappointment in Castile had hit her hard, but it is fading quicker than she would like. She had spent an entire year building up his image in her mind; picturing him just beyond the nearest cloud, out of sight but always close, ready to rain fury on any who dared to hurt his young. But it was a lie. He had been far away, finding himself, finding others meet his needs. And that was a reality that took more than a moment for her to accept. 

Her skin shimmers from the use of magic, it was still so new. But she takes a moment to put together her pieces, releasing a breath that she had unintentionally been holding. By the time he speaks again, she feels the anger fading and the void-returning.

And then he's asking more about them, and she the emotion which fills the void is soft and warm.

"I have," she replies and wistful smile softens the line of her blush lips. Solace had never shied from the twins questions. They had been free to ask her anything about their sire, and she had always done her best to answer.  "I never spoke poorly of you," she answeres because that is what he is truly asking. "I told them what i could of you, that you would come back someday, but you had to leave. They admire you. They want to know you, and my simple answers will not be enough for them for long."

As their eyes meet again, Solace doesn't have to remind herself that he is here to fix things - to wright his wrong and make good on the promises she has told her children. She had gambled on him, knowing they would never forgive her, if he should never return. But she wanted to believe in him. She reaches for him; finally collapsing into the need to feel him, to confirm that he is finally here. They are close enough already, she doesn't have to step forward, yet she does. Solace brushes her muzzle across his cheek, pressing on to rest against the rugged strength of his chest if he will let her. 

"They wanted to know what kind of man you were." She tilts her head against him, tired of fighting the storm of emotions, worn down from the damage of Kagerus' parting anger.

"Please, Castile, let them have the chance to find out for themselves that their father is a good man." 

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was

@[Castile] better late than never, right? Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as the day breaks and the earth quakes / castile - by Solace - 09-23-2018, 03:57 PM