• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

with the snow, my hell is cold [luster]
    For a brief moment, Ivar thinks that perhaps he has succeeded, that her somber interior has been tucked away where he does not have to deal with it. But just as quickly as she laughs, the blue mare dips back into her own shadows and Ivar is once again the only smiling creature on this stretch of shoreline. 

When she returns to their conversation, it is with a question in her eyes as she scrutinizes him. Ivar cannot fathom what she is looking for - who she is looking for - and so without an answer he remain quiet. When she moves toward the sea he follows instinctually; pulled by the water and his newest, saddest, companion. She'd be easy prey, he knows, so when she drifts back to conversation the kelpie is ready.

"It was there," he tells her. "So I took it."

He contemplates reaching toward her, taking her as well, but then she asks about the Brotherhood and he is distracted. The autumn is quickly slipping away, and with it Ivar's single minded focus on hunting.

"They're the Krakens," the scaled stallion says, "The Brotherhood. Brennen reformed the old Bachelors of the Tundra and gave them a new name." Here he pauses, looks at her slightly askance with a playful brightness in his eye. "I take it you are not a sworn Bachelor, then?"

Messages In This Thread
    with the snow, my hell is cold [luster] - by Ivar - 08-11-2018, 10:31 AM
    RE: with the snow, my hell is cold [luster] - by Ivar - 08-27-2018, 02:16 PM