• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd trade all of my tomorrows [briseis&chryseis]
    The journey from the Field to Nerine was a long trek in general, but today especially moreso.  Agonizingly long, even with all the time in the world left to mull over Leilan leaving her behind in the Forest.  But she didn't want to think about it right now, it was all still too raw, and she was too worn down now.  There was no hurry in her pace, no heart left in her actions, she begun the descent back to operating on a subconcious level, allowing her mind to drift into numb static once more.  It was eerily the same scene that she had found herself in when she'd first stumbled into Beqanna a few years ago and like a compass pointing north, her limbs tracked the path home on their own.

They carried her beyond the Forest, through Taiga and Loess, and finally to skirting the outermost border of Hyaline along the coast, the crash of waves soothed her a degree, their sounds creating a perfect melody with the fuzzy white static that had already settled into her thoughts.  If there were others nearby, she paid them no mind, because she simply didn't care right now.  

Breckin must have been too caught up in the blistering storm of nothingness to notice the black coated woman nearby, nearly running into her, but catching her progression at the very last moment.  Her mind snapped back to the present, and a suddenly flustered Breckin fumbles to find the right words to apologize for her negligent intrusion.  "I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going.  It's been..."  Whatever she'd been about to say dies upon her lips, as she notices the unmistakeable gold blazed filly at the mare's side.  Her voice escapes her altogether then, unable to formulate any more cohesive words, too stunned to even remember to blink.

@[Briseis] not the best starter and I'm a bit sleepy lol

Messages In This Thread
    i'd trade all of my tomorrows [briseis&chryseis] - by Breckin - 08-07-2018, 09:32 PM