• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as the day breaks and the earth quakes / ilma

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The marbled white mare smiles a little at Solace's words. Perhaps patience is a virtue she could still work on, and her recent exchange with Breckin in the field had her believe that she would be able to find out Loess' new contract details on her own. A cease-fire; not something she would like at the moment, but perhaps if Solace talked to Wolfbane, there could still be something worked out. She agrees with Solace's decision though, they should not go un-watched. To Ilma, the blue-winged pegasus is the best example, and she tries to be a worthy ambassador to her even though sometimes her patience snaps a little earlier than Solace's.

But it seems her queen does not think it to be so. Perhaps it's just oneself being the most critical reviewer of oneself. When her friend and queen begins to thank her for her work, however, Ilma shakes her head. "There's no need. I'm just doing what I can for Hyaline to go on as a sanctuary." Getting word out that they are still here, is just as important as keeping the ones within their borders safe, and she had been promoted to her position a little early, to which Ilma can only try to be worthy.

But Solace's next worse take her completely off guard. Blinking and staring, the white mare doesn't know what to say for one moment, but then she smiles and pulls her queen into a small hug. "You know I'll always care for Hyaline, the same way that you do." It's her only true home, after all.

But then she takes a step back and eyes the other woman suspiciously. Caring for the kingdom also means caring for it's members, and leaders, in her own opinion. "So, tell me. What are you two planning?" Either it's something dangerous, or they think of running away into the sunset, but whichever, it'd be better if she knew before it happened, than figuring it out after several days of waiting around for them.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Solace]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as the day breaks and the earth quakes / ilma - by Ilma - 08-20-2018, 02:42 PM