• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Between Coffee and Pancakes
    "So you were at the party last night then? I thought I recognized you.  Even drunk it's hard for me to forget a handsome face," her voice sounding hoarse to her own ears after he comments on her being an early bird, to which she adds with a shrug, "I've got stuff to take care of today.  I hadn't really planned on staying as long as I had, but things changed obviously."

She'd noticed how quickly he had moved to close up whatever was on screen, and immediately her interest had been piqued.  Only someone caught off guard and possibly with something to hide move that rapidly.  What had he been doing last night when she saw him?  Filtering through the entire night, she recalls the moment she'd laid eyes on him, vaguely remembering the camera he'd used so fluidly, gracefully even.  Breckin wonders if it was his profession or his hobby, either way he had seemed completely in his comfort zone.  He'd possibly even captured her last night, but the thought doesn't really bother her.  There was nothing she regretted from last night, and she was a nobody to the public eye.

Daring a sip of her coffee, she doesn't know whether to be pleased that it didn't burn her tongue, or be put off that the the barista had given her a portion of a cooling pot.  It didn't matter really, it tasted too good for her to even bother caring for long.  She spares him a glance as he motions towards his half-eaten pancakes, dark eyes meeting his inquisitively with a brow raised in mock offense, "Do I really look that bad?"  Running on lack of sleep and having severely deficient caffeine levels in her system was no easy feat, thank you very much.  Truth be told, she understood he meant no offense, but what good was she if she couldn't find some light humor in making things awkward.  It was simply a test of the boundaries is all.

Regardless, she quickly replaces her mock offense with a genuine smile that easily met with the light in her eyes.  "Thanks,"she offers quickly after dragging the plate closer to her and taking a small bite.  Sure, she didn't know the guy, and the pancakes were cold, but he was nice enough and both him and the pancakes looked too good to pass up right now.

"I'm Breckin," she says after meeting his gaze again, "And you are?"

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Leilan - 08-02-2018, 02:35 PM
    RE: Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Breckin - 08-02-2018, 08:59 PM
    RE: Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Leilan - 08-03-2018, 02:43 PM
    RE: Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Breckin - 08-07-2018, 02:49 PM
    RE: Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Leilan - 08-07-2018, 03:18 PM
    RE: Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Breckin - 08-07-2018, 05:11 PM
    RE: Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Leilan - 08-09-2018, 04:08 PM