• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, Leilan

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    At first, he isn't entirely sure if Briseis appreciates his coming closer - she'd seemed a reserved mare way back then, but to be honest, he hadn't thought of it much - no, he hadn't thought at all, period. That's where the little baby came from, in the end. Two horses not thinking; and he'd still take every opportunity to not-think, to be totally frank.

Not today though - plenty of things to think about now. Consequences, always; but he guessed for her more so than for him. He felt odd about that, she didn't ask for anything, hadn't gone searching before; possibly she had not at all meant for him to be a part of the little girl's life at all. But here they all were anyway.

He noticed her amused look - it seemed he was forgiven, at least, and he grinned a bit painfully. "Likewise... but nice to see you anyway." He smiled then, finally, seeing the joke of the situation. Careless, boundless Leilan, now he had a daughter to care for, while he always (and still) would be messing with other men's daughters. Maybe only after she came of age, would the idea finally settle in his mind that maybe what he did not want for Chryseis was another man with the same mind-set as himself. But somehow all of this lay too far in the future to hold him back for real.

The blue roan girl caught his attention when he asked for her name. Not shy - not at all; probably not a trait she shared with her mother. He grinned at Chryseis, though it faltered partly, at the mention of his own mother. Well, shit. Tilting his head to Briseis a little, he smiled sheepishly. "I suppose she'd love to meet the both of you." He'd be in trouble as soon as she would find out, but - rather sooner than later, because Scorch would almost certainly kill him literally if he kept Chryseis hidden from her.

While he's thinking of this, Briseis has neatly handled the swimming situation - or at least so he thought. But no, as soon as she learns she has a father, Chryseis is willing to try again, thinking that somehow he has more authority on this than her own mother. He chuckles low, then, but shakes his head a bit - swallows the word 'No' just in time. "I'm pretty sure I overheard your mother saying you cannot swim. So how about we tackle that one first, somewhere more shallow? Unless of course, you breath water instead of air, but you did not get that from me and I somehow don't think your mother can do that either, so your chances are a bit slim." he says, as defiant as the little girl seems to be.

He glances up to Briseis, his lips moving the word 'lake?' wordlessly, hoping the girl is considering his offer in the meantime. Hyaline has much better water for first-lesson-swimming, but, if Chryseis can't be prodded to go back there, then he'll find a more safe spot in the river; perhaps near the next bend, if it meanders the other way. She has to be taught, reckless as she appears to be. Preferably before she drowns.

He can't go and tell his mother that, after all.
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Briseis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, Leilan - by Leilan - 08-02-2018, 01:30 PM