• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  For a mermaid just like you; Deiti

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    The slightly more aggressiveness of the birds’ shouts is the only thing that differs late spring from other seasons in Ischia. Upon his arrival, they make pointedly clear where the nests are, so he diverts his path slightly - today, he’d rather be left alone than face his problems.

Well, truth is he always avoids his problems, which might have been just the thing that got him into this situation. The awkwardness. The heartbreak, for not paying attention to who he’d given it to; to a girl willing to break it if it meant she got away clean and safe and ready to do whatever she wanted. He knew know how shattered he was inside; with it came a kind of carelessness even he hadn’t worn before - recklessness, too. Because love isn’t just a pretty thing. Like most things, it had a dark side. One that threatened to consume him.

Perhaps that’s why he went home. Specifically, went to the waterfall. He’d considered the jump before, or anything really to end it, but only for a split second. Giving up on existence. But the waterfall, in the end, hadn't been good enough. No, it's been his thing to make it more dramatic, to take the fall from that stupid mountain, and of course, idiot that he was, had upset the fairies enough that they'd decided to counter his attempts of dying.

Forever.

The waterfall wasn’t just any waterfall, not to him. Although the sound was deafening to one’s ears, and was able to still one’s mind, there was more. Because besides the silence it demanded from him and his mind, he was also hoping a certain someone was home.

A certain overly-attractive siren might just be a good idea. He wasn’t in love with her, but, seeing her, swimming with her even, might just be good enough today. Every bit a distraction from his numbness, his nothingness, and the feelings the fairy had instilled in him.
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Deiti]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    For a mermaid just like you; Deiti - by Leilan - 07-25-2018, 02:06 PM
    RE: For a mermaid just like you; Deiti - by Deiti - 09-09-2018, 07:52 PM
    RE: For a mermaid just like you; Deiti - by Deiti - 09-11-2018, 06:27 PM