• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

not rich && still sad
    I AM A BED OF COALS AND YOUR MOUTH
    SETS FIRE TO PARTS OF ME I FORGOT I COULD FEEL.

Marienelli listened politely to the two women in his midst, itching to simply turn and walk away but fighting the automatic response that he had instilled within himself years earlier. Tickaani, is it? he mused, rolling the name around in his mind. It had a nice ring and was easy enough to say. He nodded to acknowledge the monotone-colored mare's little speech about Hyaline. His icy eyes slowly wandered back to the warm toned princess once she'd started to speak. "Ha-ha." He replied, sarcasm oozing from his burly voice. He watched the to mares reprise their sentiments toward each other, his plastic grin finally slipping from his porcelain lips. So, the two lived in the same kingdom and didn't even know who the other was? A single brow rose as the stallion considered this fact and compared it to the kingdoms he had been a part of before. This seemed to be a recurring theme- the hierarchy rarely knew their subjects, and vice versa. 

A kingdom could get into a lot of trouble that way. 

He shook his head slightly in passive disappointment until being addressed once more by Lady Kagerus. She spoke of her kingdom favorably, playing it out to be some sort of "melting pot" for the lost and abandoned. Did he fit into that category? Of course, his subconscious whispered. Shoving the question down into the depths of his mental filing cabinet, he continued to listen to Kagerus speak. "Uh, Lady, you've got a damn bad taste in strangers. I'm not the kind of guy you want hanging around- for anything. I'd only fuck it up, and then what would you do? That's right, be full of misery and regret, just like the rest of us. I appreciate the offer, but me and my silver tongue seem to be doing just fine where we are." He dipped his head in respect. He had nothing to offer her- sure, he had experience to look back on, a knack for manipulation, and an intimidating presence to boot, but like he said, he'd only make her sorry she'd ever met him. Marienelli desperately craved to be a part of something, but he was honestly terrified of the responsibility. Or terrified of the commitment it would require. Either way, the idea of belonging made him both hopeful and nervous as hell. He looked back and forth between the two mares, and made a decision. "Tell you what," he spoke decidedly, "If Tickaani comes back, I'll come too. And we might can discuss a potential career for my future. Kapeesh?"

@[Tickaani] @[Kagerus]

MARIENELLI
    I JUST KEEP ON WISHIN' THAT THE MONEY MADE YOU STAY

Messages In This Thread
    not rich && still sad - by Marienelli - 07-17-2018, 09:06 PM
    RE: not rich && still sad - by Tickaani - 07-18-2018, 12:27 AM
    RE: not rich && still sad - by Kagerus - 07-18-2018, 07:26 PM
    not rich && still sad - by Marienelli - 07-20-2018, 10:17 PM
    RE: not rich && still sad - by Tickaani - 07-21-2018, 12:05 AM
    RE: not rich && still sad - by Kagerus - 07-30-2018, 08:03 PM
    RE: not rich && still sad - by Marienelli - 07-31-2018, 08:22 PM