• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow || Wishbone, etc. ||

she’s got jumper cable lips
    she’s got sunset on her breath. now i inhaled just a little bit, now i’ve got no fear of death

Thick tendrils of wind-knotted mane toss themselves against a lithe mahogany neck. A biting northern breeze drags loose upper layers of snow drifts away from their counterparts, swirling the snowflakes upward and away into the clear blue sky. A particularly naughty current of air pushes a few of the flakes against her warm winter coat before they melt away from the heat of her skin. Hardy outcroppings of tough bushery poke out of the combination of ice and snow across the plateau, proving the ferocious independent strength of the northern kingdom.

The dark green of the large pine tree forest in the center of Nerine stands to the Khaleesi’s back while her amber eyes scan the expanse of land in front of her. In the distance, the border lies. The hazy form of three unique figures shimmers along that border — two hired comrades and the surprisingly compliant package they bring with them. The low of Wishbone’s stomach warms at this sight, but she does not move to greet them just yet. She will give the purple stallion time to allow his questions to fester and boil beneath his skin and maybe on his tongue, spoken to his guards.

When she does step to meet the trio of outsiders, it is with a walk that has grown used to the complicated mixture of rock, ice, and snow underfoot. Wishbone moves easily across the landscape, skirting around tough foliage and bare, stretching trees. When she comes to a smooth stop before them, her sunset gaze is diplomatic when it lands on the gold-and-blue face she knows well (perhaps the best out of anyone), but there’s a hint of heat that lies behind a labyrinthe of protection that only Wolfbane would be able to decipher.

“Wolfbane.” Her husky voice leaves her throat with a puff of dragon-smoke from her smooth, dark lips. Wishbone’s gaze turns toward the petite woman and an amused half-smile shatters the regal look on her face. “Well shit, Lepis?” Perhaps the other doesn’t remember, but the mahogany can remember a time — it feels like it had been another lifetime ago — when the pair had met in Loess as children, when the perlino had been a child-queen. Although she could comment on the awkward twist of Lepis’ wing or the drastic differences between the way their lives have shifted, the Khaleesi says, “I wasn’t expecting to see you here… If you haven’t been to Nerine yet, welcome.”

The mahogany’s gaze slides back over to Wolfbane, though her eyes deviate to catch Klaudius’ own expression before they finally reach the olive eyes of her initial target. “I’m impressed in your timeliness.” There’s another half-smile of humor on her mouth, one corner of her dark mouth turning upward into a shape that could be considered more of a smirk. “Although I am disappointed he doesn’t seem to have fought against you.” It means he’s still fresh-faced and full of energy, without a blemish upon that purple skin.

“Someone will be here to collect him soon.” This sentence is brisk, as if they were talking over an unwanted animal. “As I understand it, Loess holds a contract with Nerine for the next year. Shall we discuss payment?” At least past the payments they would only ever discuss together within the privacy of each other’s solitary company.

wishbone

@[Wolfbane] / @[Klaudius] / @[Lepis] / @[Scorch] / so, i wrote a novel because i'm lame but if everyone else wants to respond they can, or just wolfbane can so they can talk about payment... whatever you guys wanna do. also, even though sid is away right now, scorch should be coming to pick up klaudius and keep him restrained with her fancy powers (; that stuff can happen in our heads too if you guys wanna be lazy which is 100% fine with me

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow || Wishbone, etc. || - by Wishbone - 07-22-2018, 05:38 PM