• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Good guys never get the girl; diplomatic visit
    The doubt in Ilma’s eyes is plain to see, but I have no intention of walking back my words. I know that Wolfbane has put our kingdom into a novel position and that it will come with its own particular challenges, but I do not feel they are insurmountable. Having been allied with Sylva, I had thought it would be clear that the denizens of Loess are not unaccustomed to being considered untrustworthy. Wether our northern neighbors feared us or not is not of special concern, especially not to a neutral party.

“Forever is an awfully long time,” I reply, the pleasant smile never leaving my blue mouth. “I assume any proposed payment would be continuing for that same length of time? As for letting Hyaline know when we negotiate new contracts, that too would come with a price at each renewal. After all, a single reward for endless information isn’t an especially balanced arrangement.”

It feels strange - but not unpleasant, only unfamiliar - to finally use the skills my mother had honed in me. I’d learned to play this game as a queen, but the rein that the golden king has given me is only a loose restriction.

“Fortunately, it is not I who has to break this news to Solace and Kagerus.” I add shrugging my shoulders in a gesture that I hope portrays my understanding for Ilma’s potentially difficult position. I am sure that she would not have been appointed Advisor if she was anything less than capable, but that does not mean I envy her future conversation with her monarchs. ”I’m certain we could work out continuing services for continuing payment,” I finish. ”Perhaps you could speak with your queens to find out what they’d be willing to offer for southern security and information, and return with their proposal?”

@[Ilma]
    sorry for the long delay!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Good guys never get the girl; diplomatic visit - by Lepis - 08-06-2018, 07:31 AM