• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We are searching - any

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    I blink my eyes when I catch sight of the little black figure: something about her is so entirely recognizable, and yet utterly alien. For some time, from my perch in my family's mountainside grotto, I simply stare and try to piece together the details of the meandering girl. She enters from the north, meaning from Nerine alone; a snort ruffles the flesh of my nostrils in frustration as I struggle to understand just what is going on.

She's too small to be Tähti, and yet - who else could it be?

Unable to keep my curiosity and intrigue to myself for a moment longer, I depart from the mountainside. Although the winter makes the rocky slopes icy and dangerous, I navigate them with far more ease than the filly; despite this being her birthplace, that fact that she looks so close to birth itself hinders her movements. A colossal worry and confusion over takes me, and before I'm even on flat ground, I'm sprinting towards her tiny figure, worrying that she might fall and die from the cold before anyone ever discovers her.

"Tähti!" I call across some distance, though I'm sure she's seen me or at least heard me by now. The antlers atop my head glimmer in the faint winter sun as I pull up, head tossing; she won't recognize those, but she ought to recognize the rest of me. My brows furrow and my eyes widen as I lean down to look her in the eyes, confirming her identity. Then, I step forward and pull her close. The embrace isn't necessarily one of a loving faux-mother; but rather, an offering of warmth to one who has unfortunately be rendered hopelessly vulnerable.

"What happened to you?"

From behind me, a shorter, stealthier figure approaches. Her footfalls are silent, but the loud rumble of her purr will not take long to become apparent.

Pulling away from the girl, I flinch upon noticing my familiar entering the scene; but she does not attack as she did Crevan, instead reaching with a motherly care to caress the babe's sodden fur, sliding around her knob-knees and extending her own warmth to the sullen child.

"Ignore her for now -" I squeeze my eyes and shake my head, too many things happening all at once. "What happened to you?"

@[Tähti]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    We are searching - any - by Tähti - 07-02-2018, 02:23 PM
    RE: We are searching - any - by Kagerus - 07-04-2018, 10:33 PM
    RE: We are searching - any - by Tähti - 07-06-2018, 04:46 AM
    RE: We are searching - any - by Kagerus - 07-18-2018, 07:37 PM
    RE: We are searching - any - by Tähti - 07-21-2018, 08:38 AM
    RE: We are searching - any - by Kagerus - 08-03-2018, 07:32 PM