• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  defunct the strings of cemetery things [tephra]

She’s aware of him before it is obvious he’s going to pass by. An ear laid twists to scoop the sound of his footfall and her nostrils quiver to analyze the smell of gaseous smoke and lava-rock. She blinks at the smell and internally something thoughtful stirs, a distant memory perhaps, or a faint sign of hope. It’s not until the navy tipped stallion stops somewhat off of her shoulder that she lifts her head and looks over to him. Her gaze is brief and mostly focuses on his face. She does not recognize him, but his posture, his condition, he isn’t a wandering man without purpose; she can conclude that at least.

When his voice cracks open into the still air she is already staring ahead into the same direction as him. She is silent except for a slash of her long blond tail across one hip. The mare finishes chewing the stale grass between her teeth, nodding after a quiet delay, “…I thought I would be dead before finding myself here again.” Her prediction is almost half right.

She’s sure he’s here with an offer and normally the battle worn woman would sneer, roll her eyes and ask any approaching recruiter to just get on with their bit. The itch isn’t there, but neither is the urge to open the door more than a crack; he’ll have to swing it open himself. She blinks slow and thoughtful as she looks off into the distance, same generally direction as the stranger beside her. Mostly everything is still aside from creeping deer and the commotion of birdlife around them.

CITY
    carnage x emotion

@[Warrick] im sorrrrry! i went to a festival and it sucked the life out of me but now we're good and i'm, sorry for the ridiculous wait. <33

Messages In This Thread
    RE: defunct the strings of cemetery things [tephra] - by City - 07-24-2018, 08:14 AM