• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Putting the pieces of myself back together [Belgaer]
    belgaer

The bronze and black stallion had changed. The unavoidable truth of his trauma had left its scars both mentally and physically and Belgaer sensed a strength within him that was both admirable and encouraging. The torture he had been forced to endure would have been enough to break even the best of them, yet somehow, he had found a way to survive and make his way back to them. Hidden behind layers of formality, however, Belgaer sensed his nephew’s hesitation and fear. The meeting with the allies had taken its toll on him, the reliving of his torment only serving to plant the seeds of terror deeper within him. Belgaer had wished to be there, but he felt it was more prudent for him to give Jesper his moment and space. It did not take a scholar for him to know that the black stallion’s sacrifice had been invaluable to their cause. Listening intently the gnawing within the chestnut’s gut grew in its intensity. The mention of his sister’s name, Astarael, stiffened his body. Closeness had always been a difficult thing to interpret when it came to her. Different than the rest of them she had found joy in lurking within the shadows and had almost seemed to prefer the companionship of the shadows. She had always been the sibling to stir up worry within him – if only he had anticipated all that she would have become. He would have ended her there – even as a young child.

“You mentioned that she has changed?” Belgaer began unsure how to begin his line of questioning without upsetting his nephew. It was nearly impossible for him to think of her as anything but the petite bay filly she had been during her time upon the island. “Astarael was never close to anyone. She found amusement in her talents for observation. Looking back it frightens me to admit that there were many times I believed she knew more of my motivations that even I did. Jesper, she is not to be taken lightly – I fear the knowledge she had carried with her.”

Belgaer’s voice drifted off and forced himself to inhale sharply to calm the raging sea within him. Now was not the time for him to lose his good sense. Ischia needed him – His father needed him.
    dark wings
    dark words

@[Jesper]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Putting the pieces of myself back together [Belgaer] - by Belgaer - 07-09-2018, 12:31 PM