• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia}

And if the stars aligned, would it be you and I?
    Ketzia
    Everything was dark. Floating within the cruel depths of her unconsciousness moments from her short life played out before her eyes. Vaguely she recalled her time in the womb, cocooned within the warmth of her faceless mother and pressed tightly beside her smaller sister. Even then, at the very start of her life, Kove had been her truest companion. Their entrance into the world had been the start of their unbreakable bond, adventures and exploration filling their time with endless delight. Emboldened by her own assurance, it seemed as though she had taken things a bit too far. Her heart ached to think she had unintentionally forced harm upon Kove or, perhaps even worse, disappointed their father. Swimming into view, her father’s face appeared handsome and brave as ever. Fondly the memory of their mornings together presented themselves – and more recently – their evenings followed quickly behind. Mama and Papa were happy for the first time ever and Ketzia held onto the hope that they would finally be a real family. 

But it was all gone now. The earth had vanished beneath her and had deposited her into the arms of the ocean’s unfriendly embrace. She had sunk, she remembered, and air had fled from her lungs leaving her thrashing within the pull of the currents. Realization washed through her all at once. Although so young, it seemed that her time was up and death had come to claim her. 

“Ketzia!” Her father’s voice broke through the haze of her unconsciousness, forcing oxygen down her wind pipe as she gasped in response. Jolted upright she sputtered and shook as the remnants of her misadventure expelled from her body.

There was a burning within her nose as a warm trickle ran down her muzzle. Blurred and stinging her eyes blinked feverishly as her mind responded to the aching of her once depleted tendons as they gradually deoxygenated. Through grit and salt her gaze first fell upon her mother standing protectively nearby. Behind her two unfamiliar figures drew near, concern etched upon every face. Trembling she felt, rather than saw, as her mother lowered herself down beside her. Gravitating towards her warmth she whimpered into her dry pelt. Cold and soaked, Ketzia could not summon the courage to gaze upon her father. She had not heeded his warning to remain inland – she was prepared to hear his reprimand. 

Or would you bid me a celestial goodbye?

@[Kove]

Messages In This Thread
    Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-05-2018, 08:02 AM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-15-2018, 06:29 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-22-2018, 10:02 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-29-2018, 02:59 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Ketzia - 07-05-2018, 01:12 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 07-19-2018, 08:10 PM