• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    Isobell may not be here to warm the sides of her wayward lover, but Solace is. Even as we walk and speak, nuances aloft between us, my mind reaches out to my sleeping wife. I am safe and well my love, I say, although the words won't reach her exactly: just the sensation of comfort, one that she ought to immediately recognize as my signal that all is well. I sometimes wish that she could reassure me in the same way; but when I am sleeping, she rarely finds herself elsewhere.

I am the wanderer of the relationship, just like Ivar; but my faith remains hellbent.

His eyes find their way back to me despite the crescendo of the ocean not far ahead. A chuckle tilts his lips charmingly as my explanation of my trait concludes, but his eyes are deeply thoughtful; curious, perhaps. The sight of such curiosity in the eyes of a creature as breathtaking and mythological as he renders my own face intrigued, wanting to know what he thinks. Luckily, he does not keep me waiting, and I blink my nutmeg eyes, continuously wondering at the strange appearance of this stallion on a night of such little regard.

"I wish I had a simple answer, Ivar," I answer with a deep sigh, using his name with more than a slight significance. The grass underhoof shifts slowly to sand, and as I am gathering my thoughts, the lapping of the ocean's tide against this sandbar eventually meets our hocks. I wonder momentarily if the kelpie will accompany me, despite the ocean's whisperings in his mind. Like him, a voice whispers in my mind, too.

(Unsuspecting)

"It has proven to be quite dangerous for me. I've been close to death more times than I care to admit," I begin, interrupting the beguiling voice inside my head before its word become my own actions. "Once because of my own ignorance, and once because of a force that wielded a magic stronger than mine." I look from the dark edges of the ocean back to Ivar, the wind whipping my forelock across my eyes, though they do not stray from his own honey-brown gaze. I wonder if he will press farther, will ask - what do you mean? But unless he does, there is no reason for me to continue.

The strange birth of my son and the strange rape-birth of a demon are stories that I needn't share flippantly; especially with handsome ex-kings whose words oft leave no doubt in the mind of what's on theirs.

"And yes also to your second question; when I take them with me, I can either guide their dreams or release control and allow them to experience complete lucidity in a realm where anything is possible." Hephaestus had relived his attempted murder, Svedka had flown and been gay, and Solace - well, her dreams tend towards the erotic more oft than not. "It can be healing - but it can also be life-ending."

My eyes, glued to him, narrow.

"Does that interest you?"

@[Ivar] Kag loves nice Ivar.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus - by Kagerus - 06-08-2018, 05:49 PM