• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's no remedy for memory; hephaestus
    Hephaestus
    It is not easy to forget the moment his eyes had first met hers from across the spans of the Meadow. One million emotions had flooded his senses. Their spirits had been kindred from the start, victims of the short comings of their lives. He’d seen his own pain mirrored within the depths of her amber gaze.

He recognizes the effects of his words upon her instantly, bursting up from the innocence of her searching’s. The sudden sharpness of his wordless question had wounded her. Cursing himself he closed the distance between them, his eyes softening upon her. It was hard for him to ignore the prettiness of her face as she smiles. Despite her poorly formed body, her features were gentle and not without beauty. When they’d first met he’d done his best to assure her that the fate she’d given herself did not have to be how her story ended. There was hope for her and a place if only she was willing to reach out and take it. Tough words coming from the likes of him. And, yet, here they stood. The homed and the homeless.

Her smile fades as the realization of his unfiltered response to her presence hit her. Erinys becomes listless, her eyes shifting about herself. As she speaks his heart leans towards her and his body responds by rushing to embrace her. Pulling her tightly against his chest he is filled with a warmth he handn’t felt in a long time. If ever.

“I am glad that you came.”
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Erinys]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's no remedy for memory; hephaestus - by Hephaestus - 05-28-2018, 11:45 AM