• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Boy of Fire [Warrick]
    Phoebus

He is awash with relief when the Overseer does not send him packing (not that Warrick was like that to begin with, but that damned voice in the back of his head was quite the asshole). Breathing out slowly, he listens to Warrick’s questions.

Truthfully, he hadn’t used his powers for anything important. But he did understand them, and he had practiced (lonely hours by the volcano left a lot of free time to hone his ability), so he takes a few timid steps back.

“Well…” He begins, trying to concentrate his mind. It was different, doing something in front of someone, especially since this someone was Warrick. “I tend to keep my armor alight most of the time, but…” Like a candle being blown out, he extinguished his flames. It starts from his neck, traveling down the length of his back, and soon he just looks like any other horse. “I can turn it off.” He grins.

He focuses his energy on his leg, beckoning the flames to rise. At first, it is a soft red glow, and he lets it rise up his leg and around his body, almost like a vine creeping up an old brick house. Hotter… He thinks to himself. Can I make it hotter?

Flames burst around him, glowing white. It cracks and sizzles, unpredictable and out of control like the volcano beside them. He is sure that Warrick can feel its scalding warmth. “Its certainly useful.” He says gingerly. He can control his power, but there is no use in it (at least not in battle) if he doesn’t know what to use it for.

Boy of Fire

Messages In This Thread
    Boy of Fire [Warrick] - by Phoebus - 05-20-2018, 08:53 AM
    RE: Boy of Fire [Warrick] - by Warrick - 05-20-2018, 12:36 PM
    RE: Boy of Fire [Warrick] - by Phoebus - 05-20-2018, 01:31 PM
    RE: Boy of Fire [Warrick] - by Warrick - 05-20-2018, 07:31 PM
    RE: Boy of Fire [Warrick] - by Phoebus - 05-20-2018, 08:45 PM
    RE: Boy of Fire [Warrick] - by Warrick - 05-22-2018, 04:43 PM
    RE: Boy of Fire [Warrick] - by Phoebus - 05-23-2018, 07:43 PM