• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

no tears left to cry || Smoak
    Nymf

It isn’t long before her moment of silence is interrupted by a voice from behind. Craning her neck the blue pits of her eyes easily spotted the bone plated champagne creature. His eyes are distant as he considers her, his words almost lost to the slight wind that buffeted the soft of her ears. Her nearly white mane blew haphazardly about her face, colluding her vision until she casually tossed it aside. Thus far her interactions with the opposite sex had been somewhat tumultuous, maybe not outwardly but her insides never failed to twist and turn under their gazes. She forced a smile upon her face as she pinned her wings neatly against her sides and took a handful of tentative steps towards the stranger.

She considers his question odd, all things considered. They were strangers and, yet, he spoke with a comfort that almost stilled the beating of heart. “Yes,” she nodded with one quick and deliberate movement. “The world looks quite different from above.”

Explaining things had never been her strong point and she flinched at the sound of her strained attempt at conversation. Still, she can’t help but notice the stallion’s gaze upon her wings – almost longingly, as if he was searching for someone buried beneath her plume of feathers.

Peeling his gaze away Nymf waited patiently as he cleared his through and tossed his eyes in the direction of the lake. Her ears pricked towards him as she sensed a hesitance about him. For a moment she recognized something in the way that he watched the ripples spread across the top of the water. Familiar feelings bubbled up from within her and her smile fell off her face as she remembered how it felt to miss someone. That was not a difficult expression to misplace. Her heart ached for him as she related to his plight. Even more so after he finally found the courage to ask his question.

Unfortunately, she did not contain an answer for him.

“I’m sorry,” she offered as she swallowed past the lump of empathy. “I’m afraid I’m new to this land and I haven’t met many people yet…I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure of coming across your parents.”

Silently she kicked herself for her garbled attempt at comfort. What could she say to help alleviate his pain? She knew that any of her attempts would fall short from what he so desperately required. Instead, she reached forward and offered a comforting nudge to his shoulder. Retracting she studied his expression, hopeful that he would one day be reunited with the ones he so desperately sought.

“My name is Nymf.”
    teach these broken wings to fly

@[Smoak]

Messages In This Thread
    no tears left to cry || Smoak - by Nymf - 05-16-2018, 12:55 PM
    RE: no tears left to cry || Smoak - by Smoak - 05-17-2018, 07:27 PM
    RE: no tears left to cry || Smoak - by Nymf - 05-20-2018, 07:31 PM
    RE: no tears left to cry || Smoak - by Smoak - 05-22-2018, 10:13 AM
    RE: no tears left to cry || Smoak - by Nymf - 05-24-2018, 09:03 AM